The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 398 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He cant continue with Barkley, not after that aweful couldnt give a shit performance at the weekend.
If he does he is handing a plateful of ammunition to his critics on here and elsewhere, and it will do nothing for team unity.

Despite not being a Smith fan any longer I will support Dean if he wants to give Ross his final chance when Jack returns, however until then I don't want to see him being given a chance and should not even be on the bench.

Despite not being a Smith fan any longer I will support Dean if he wants to give Ross his final chance when Jack returns, however until then I don't want to see him being given a chance and should not even be on the bench.
I am not sure he will still be at the club when Jack returns.

Not sure why we have a poll, the result comes in the way some want it and everything’s a ok, get a surprising result and it’s down to Leeds fans...I give up.

Personally, I'm not sure why we even need to be discussing the manager getting sacked, never mind having stupid polls. He's on a long term contract and we despite our recent worrying slump are still on the rise as a club. Trust me I'd be the first on the bandwagon if I thought he needed sacking, I'm gutted at the slump but fully expected it, nevertheless, it's still galling to be proven right and people who thought we'd be in the CL wrong.
More chance of Mourinho, Ancelloti and Beelzebub, getting the sack than Deano Smitherio. This is a long term project

Personally, I'm not sure why we even need to be discussing the manager getting sacked, never mind having stupid polls. He's on a long term contract and we despite our recent worrying slump are still on the rise as a club. Trust me I'd be the first on the bandwagon if I thought he needed sacking, I'm gutted at the slump but fully expected it, nevertheless, it's still galling to be proven right and people who thought we'd be in the CL wrong.
More chance of Mourinho, Ancelloti and Beelzebub, getting the sack than Deano Smitherio. This is a long term project

Very true.

If we sacked Deano now , the rest of the football world would be shaking their heads in disbelief.

Yep, it would be like Leeds sacking Beelzebub. which actually there is more chance of, or rather him quitting and walking away
The tinkerman did something at Leicester that should have guaranteed him a job for life. Gone. Who'd have thought Sheff United would be with a different manager this season after their miraculous rise and performance in the league last year?

Past performance is no guarantee of future success. So would I be surprised to hear that the owners are looking at alternatives. Not really. That being said, who is out there and available that we would consider as an upgrade?

The tinkerman did something at Leicester that should have guaranteed him a job for life. Gone. Who'd have thought Sheff United would be with a different manager this season after their miraculous rise and performance in the league last year?

Past performance is no guarantee of future success. So would I be surprised to hear that the owners are looking at alternatives. Not really. That being said, who is out there and available that we would consider as an upgrade?

That's the million dollar question isn't it ?

Yeah but Sheffield Utd were rock bottom and in with a shout of recording the worst ever PL record, and from memory I'm pretty sure Leicester were in the bottom 3 as well. If we were down at those depths I think many more of us would be calling for his head, but we are 11th, our lowest position of the season and 6 points above 12th. I'd be laughing my head off at any other club aside from the top 4/5, talking about sacking an under performing manager in that scenario!

That's just it isn't it, a new man needs to come in and work with the team including coaches, otherwise round we go again, new coaching staff new everything and another 2 years of waiting until he gets the sack and so on so forth.
We may well be grooming JT for the job, that might be Purslows plan promoting from within. We don't know

That's just it isn't it, a new man needs to come in and work with the team including coaches, otherwise round we go again, new coaching staff new everything and another 2 years of waiting until he gets the sack and so on so forth.
We may well be grooming JT for the job, that might be Purslows plan promoting from within. We don't know

Yep, agreed. There are two sides of the coin. Tuchel and his coaching team comes in and transforms Chelsea almost immediately. Mourinho appears to have done the opposite with Spurs since Pochettino left.

reports say that jacks not going to play again this season and we certainly dont want ross at villa park next season
he has had so many chances to shine under some of the best managers but always fails to hold down a regular place and givern the money we are paying him in wages its no wonder the rest of the team have give up trying

not sure why its so surprising quarter of a billion spent since getting in the prem and we look so poor when jacks not playing
A quarter of a billion spent.
- Replaced half of an entire 5th placed championship squad
- bought the 3rd best defence in the league (all new back 4 and best keeper in decades)
- England international striker
- Traore with 5 goals and 4 assists
- Brazil international who was brilliant at the end of last and start of this season
- £8m on Trez and £11m on Nakamba

I'd say that's pretty awesome business actually. We were 13th in the Chumps 2 years and 4 windows ago.

A quarter of a billion pounds is one top player these days.

Spuds are rumoured to be looking for £150m for Kane.

The days of Alan Shearer making breaking the transfer record for £20m are long gone.

Harry Maguire cost £80m and he's rubbish. 3 Harry Maguires vs our whole squad.

Yes , without looking I reckon that must be about £15 million per player on average and you don't get a lot for £15 million nowadays strange as that sounds.

reports say that jacks not going to play again this season and we certainly dont want ross at villa park next season
he has had so many chances to shine under some of the best managers but always fails to hold down a regular place and givern the money we are paying him in wages its no wonder the rest of the team have give up trying
As pointed out, you have to take into account the squad we came up with, which was total garbage for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.