The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they don’t
Pickford was 30

Their first choice defence (4) if all fit is 70

Their first choice midfield (4) if all fit is 100+

Their first choice front 2 were 60

I'll round it down to 250 for first choice 11. Just under 25m per position then.

Pickford was 30

Their first choice defence (4) if all fit is 70

Their first choice midfield (4) if all fit is 100+

Their first choice front 2 were 60

I'll round it down to 250 for first choice 11. Just under 25m per position then.

Luca Digne cost ~ £14m, Holgate who has started 19 league games this season cost £2m, Sidibe is on loan and Coleman the other right back cost them hardly anything years ago.

You're distorting reality again. They do not have £20m+ players in 'every position'. Even in midfield you have Delph who cost like £10m.

Luca Digne cost ~ £14m, Holgate who has started 19 league games this season cost £2m, Sidibe is on loan and Coleman the other right back cost them hardly anything years ago.

You're distorting reality again. They do not have £20m+ players in 'every position'. Even in midfield you have Delph who cost like £10m.
Pickford 30
Digne mina keane sidibe 77
Iwobi Gomes sigurdsson bernard 100
Richarlison Kean 60

Distorting reality? Even if they're not playing they're on the bench. Our squad is worth half that.

Delph is a squad player for them and an england international with hundreds of premier league games and captaincy experience. We have Hourihane who was playing in league one a couple of years ago.

Pickford 30
Richarlison Kean 60

Distorting reality? Even if they're not playing they're on the bench. Our squad is worth half that.

Delph is a squad player for them and an england international with hundreds of premier league games and captaincy experience. We have Hourihane who was playing in league one a couple of years ago.

On your basis we have a £200m midfield

We have Jack at £100m+ for starters
Agree with your valuation but he was free. All I'm saying is you can't compare Dean with Ancelotti because they are dealing with completely different levels of playing quality. They are both achieving results expected,or beyond the expectations of, the respective playing squads.

From early interviews, I heard dean smith was going to have a big input into which new players we signed. Some said he would have the final say, this maybe going too far. Nonetheless he has to take some responsibility for signing some of the rubbish players we did over summer.

I'm surprised our owners chose dean, really we should have got someone like Brendan Rodgers to build a premier league quality team.

Pickford 30
Richarlison Kean 60

Delph - wtf! Complete waste of space

Agree with your valuation but he was free. All I'm saying is you can't compare Dean with Ancelotti because they are dealing with completely different levels of playing quality. They are both achieving results expected,or beyond the expectations of, the respective playing squads.
What are burnley Sheff u and wolves doing then?
We did of course need to add and improve our squad in the summer. Sadly we did a lot of adding and not much improving.

What are burnley Sheff u and wolves doing then?

Good solid coaching, improving the players and the team as the season goes on, setting up tactics appropriate to each game home and away, selecting the system based on the players you've got rather than the ones you wish you had, motivating the players to put in the required effort and fight.

But of course none of this is Dean Smiths fault because he won 10 games on the spin last year and apparently his mom is on here in disguise giving a spirited apology for him that its all the players and recruitment fault and nothing to do with precious Brummie Deano:lol:

Got it wrong yesterday when he took off Samatta and gave Davis only 12 mins.
It was a cup final which means goal difference is worth nothing so at least give it the full bollocks.
They were hanging on at the end but unfortunately apart from the Engels header we didn’t test their keeper. Not surprising really when we had taken our only goal scoring striker off.
He should have gambled with 2 up front but as usual he did like for like subs.
Do you think Ron Saunders or BFR would have done the same?

Got it wrong yesterday when he took off Samatta and gave Davis only 12 mins.
It was a cup final which means goal difference is worth nothing so at least give it the full bollocks.
They were hanging on at the end but unfortunately apart from the Engels header we didn’t test their keeper. Not surprising really when we had taken our only goal scoring striker off.
He should have gambled with 2 up front but as usual he did like for like subs.
Do you think Ron Saunders or BFR would have done the same?

Everyone by us couldn't believe he hadn't put Davis and Sammatta on together.

Samatta was knackered when he was pulled off. DS went for fresh legs. I thought El Ghazi had a good game but DS pulled him off when his performance flagged. Think he got it spot on.
Yeah I agree. Samatta looked shattered, pressing their defence a keeper for 80 minutes would take it out of you and Davis was incredible chasing tired legs when he came on, I'd like to see that switch happen in the league this season, hopefully both stay fit.

Great job by the management, defensive shape was good and we changed it to stop the switch of play before the end of the first half. I've seen other teams fail to cope with Pep's tactical switches during games, we did it well. Offensive shape was good and we overloaded their half with players to create chances, very brave play, something 10 to 15 teams in our league probably wouldn't have done.

We deserved extra time and penalties, we lost to a goal that should have been disallowed. I'm proud of our efforts and our strides forward as a club in the past 18 months and I'm excited for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.