The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 171 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a returning jack grealish. After a terrible run. He mings mcginn and others will go.it will leave us with the crud that smith and whoever bought in. No guarantee at all that smith will do anything other than make us mid table. Like he did Brentford.

No guarantee that the next golden child/chosen one/ victim will do anything either is there?.

Who is your choice then that will guarantee us to be above mid table. After our record since god knows how long , would love to see a suggestion.

I'm not an advocate either way for Smith . Don't really care but there are some that seem to think getting rid of Smith will be the answer of all answers. People seem to conveniently forget our recent managerial past very quickly.

No guarantee that the next golden child/chosen one/ victim will do anything either is there?.

Who is your choice then that will guarantee us to be above mid table. After our record since god knows how long , would love to see a suggestion.

I'm not an advocate either way for Smith . Don't really care but there are some that seem to think getting rid of Smith will be the answer of all answers. People seem to conveniently forget our recent managerial past very quickly.

Yup, the managerial merry go round hasn’t exactly worked for us over the last decade has it.....!?

As I said before, this is Aston Villa ffs .... stop fannying around and make an offer to Pochettino he can't refuse. How's that for starters.

He’s never finished higher than 5th in the chumps.

Regardless of what happens he should be told thanks but we are moving on without you.

Like I said earlier I would clear the lot out and let Wes and Nas get their own people in.

When asked at the party after the play off final what he felt about Villa being back in the top flight, he replied that "it feels right".
Of course it is right. I am in a bar in Watford tonight as we are staying overnight for the match tomorrow and their fans are ecstatic . With all due respect to the likes of Brighton, Watford and Bournemouth, they are not PL.
We now have owners who mean business and not chances like Ellis, Lerner and Xia and it will be "right" for us. If we get relegated, we will be straight back and stronger for tge experience. It was Dean Smith that got us promoted against the odds last season and he will get us either established next season or promoted again.
I have spoken at length with the guy and I can testify that beneath the nice public face there is a steely burning ambition to succeed and the owners will have seen that.

My take on it is that he should be a woman, he has the same stubborn streak my Mrs has when she knows she is wrong, we would have 7/8 more points this season if he could just overload the midfield when points are there for the taking. That said I really, really hope we stay up and he builds a dinesty and bleeding learns. I know it is sentimental claptrap in this day and age but I like on of us in charge, makes the whole affair more family like if that makes sense

Come on Fulford.....5th is an achievement for Brentford.

And NSWE bring their own people in.....erm, short of much loved Doris the tea lady from Doug's days, who haven't they appointed?

I agree that’s it an achievement for Brentford but we are not them.
When Ancellotti took over at Everton they were in the relegation mix, now look at them.
He is the type of manager we need not one that comes with L plates.
This season has been one almighty fuck up with regards to recruitment and coaching.
This is why the whole lot needs ripping up and starting again. I’m not bothered about changing personnel providing we have learnt and for once go for proven.

As I said before, this is Aston Villa ffs .... stop fannying around and make an offer to Pochettino he can't refuse. How's that for starters.
An argentinian lad who won no trophies with one of the strongest squads the premier league has ever seen, over a guy who supports Villa, took us on an unprecedented 10 game winning run to gain unwarranted promotion to the premier league, then to a league cup final and possible safety in the premier league?

An argentinian lad who won no trophies with one of the strongest squads the premier league has ever seen, over a guy who supports Villa, took us on an unprecedented 10 game winning run to gain unwarranted promotion to the premier league, then to a league cup final and possible safety in the premier league?

Couldn't be more inaccurate if you tried. He's a world class coach who did very well at Spurs with limited resources. "One of the strongest squads the premier league has ever seen"??? Behave, that's absolutely hilarious.

Couldn't be more inaccurate if you tried. He's a world class coach who did very well at Spurs with limited resources. "One of the strongest squads the premier league has ever seen"??? Behave, that's absolutely hilarious.
World class players in every position in their peak. Limited resources? They had a team of full internationals including five international captains.

I agree that’s it an achievement for Brentford but we are not them.
When Ancellotti took over at Everton they were in the relegation mix, now look at them.
He is the type of manager we need not one that comes with L plates.
This season has been one almighty fuck up with regards to recruitment and coaching.
This is why the whole lot needs ripping up and starting again. I’m not bothered about changing personnel providing we have learnt and for once go for proven.
Everton have a 20m+ player in every position.

Disagree or not, dean is four hours away from doing something Pottechino has never done - winning something.

Status
Not open for further replies.