The Official Crewe Alexandra Match Thread (Sponsored by Pink Snooker Balls "for all your six point needs") | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Official Crewe Alexandra Match Thread (Sponsored by Pink Snooker Balls "for all your six point needs")

It was more sleep repeat. Seen today's type performances so many time this season, a lack of creativity added to a lack of any real goal threat. Today was another day of prolonging the agony. If by some miracle we make the playoffs, its going to be a hard watch.

Think BG is going to have to spend and hope the recruitment is waaaaaaay better in attacking areas than it has been.

Going forward into next season i wouldn't be in any hurry to keep any of our attacking players. None of Williams, Lapslie or Mahoney have delivered anywhere near what we'd need to get out of this division and in the striking area I'd only be looking to keep Andrews of the current lot.

If we're going seriously challenge next season we're going to have to not only up our chances created by also taken.

Do I have faith we'll recruit what's needed? In a word, no, judging by what we've recruited so far in attacking areas. Hopefully SC will get to choose who he wants as what we've recruited so far, which has presumably been other people choices have been way off what we need.

IMO to turn us into challengers is going to require a big spend.
To be up there challenging in any division usually requires splashing out.
The start of the season we talked the talk but didnt really walk the walk.
Several of the players we brought in wer'e good enough to keep us up last season and mission was accomplished but they wer'nt good enough to take us up. Unfortunately I also have little faith our recruitment team will deliver again and unsure if our chairman is prepared to put his money where his mouth is. Thats not to sound like a dig at the chairman by the way as I'm sure he's well aware you have to spend if you seriously have ambitions.

The big spend could well be paying players off as many players failing to deliver still have a year or more on their contracts apparently. We need players with effort, desire and leadership just as much as quality. For example, if i could swap any one of Mahoney, Lapslie or Jonny Williams for someone like Alex McDonald I'd do it in an instant.
Mahoney won't need paying off as he is only on loan so that only leaves Lapslie and Jonny Williams.

Nichols is sold and the inference is that Bonne was only on a one year contract so will not be returning.

Hurtado and Walker also only on loan.

So who else is "failing to deliver" and may be on a longer contract apart from GL and JW? Possibly Dieng, Malone and Nads? Jayden Clarke and Malone have not been playing much recently anyway.

Personally, I am happy to retain the defence plus Coleman and Jefferies, and the loan players that are going back will leave us the space for the attacking options we need to recruit.

If the likes of Lapslie and Williams are told that they will not feature, they may be happy to move on, as well.

And that is double whammy of shite recruitment.

If i was BG i would seriously be considering trusting anyone that was involved in last summers recruitment to be involved in this summers dealings. Not only do we need to replace undeperforming players we need to pay them off to get them out the building.

I think Joe Comper moving into the managing director role and Brad's comments about Scally are hugely significant regarding this. I think Jackett will stay and Hess gets moved on at the end of the season.

I think Joe Comper moving into the managing director role and Brad's comments about Scally are hugely significant regarding this. I think Jackett will stay and Hess gets moved on at the end of the season.
Not convinced by Jacket either tbh. As DOF he can't be excused of responsibility from our poor recruitment in attacking areas IMO.

His explanation of his role at the fans Forum was alot of words for not much actual explanation. Didn't seem to actually know what his role was.

Mostly gash today, as usual.

One bright point, I really like the look of Andrews. Absolute unit and I reckon he'll be very good at this level when fully fit. Terrorised their little RB. Will need a midfield behind him that actually create chances for him. I'd bin off almost all of them atm.

Amazing we are up to 7th. :grinning:
Does no one really want that 7th place.

Again, this is like watching a 46 match episode of 'Clockwise'.

For the oldies on here, I give you Bobby Folds as the nearest to our non scoring forwards of today. Anyone remember him?

Last edited:
Not convinced by Jacket either tbh. As DOF he can't be excused of responsibility from our poor recruitment in attacking areas IMO.

His explanation of his role at the fans Forum was alot of words for not much actual explanation. Didn't seem to actually know what his role was.

I agree but the fact that Comper mentioned the he acts as a go between from Brad and Shannon when they're in the US, and Jackett over here suggests that he will stay for the time being, who knows? The Galinsons are learning as they go but they're obviously no mugs.

Lot of negativity on social media tonight from the usual suspects. Just checked the L2 table. We are 7th. In the play offs positions. And drew a tight game against one of our rivals who are now one place above us but who are a better side than us because they have 6 more points.

May be I can be labelled an apologist or a happy clapper. But I prefer perspective & an honest reality check based upon the actual facts.

Lot of negativity on social media tonight from the usual suspects. Just checked the L2 table. We are 7th. In the play offs positions. And drew a tight game against one of our rivals who are now one place above us but who are a better side than us because they have 6 more points.

May be I can be labelled an apologist or a happy clapper. But I prefer perspective & an honest reality check based upon the actual facts

Summed up by this silly c unt

Mostly gash today, as usual.

One bright point, I really like the look of Andrews. Absolute unit and I reckon he'll be very good at this level when fully fit. Terrorised their little RB. Will need a midfield behind him that actually create chances for him. I'd bin off almost all of them atm.

Amazing we are up to 7th. :grinning:
Does no one really want that 7th place.

Again, this is like watching a 46 match episode of 'Clockwork'.

For the oldies on here, I give you Bobby Folds as the nearest to our non scoring forwards of today. Anyone remember him?
Oh yes, I remember Bobby Folds. I was young (once 🤣) at the time but even then knew he was utter rubbish. Fifty plus years on, he still leaves a legacy!!

And drew a tight game against one of our rivals who are now one place above us but who are a better side than us because they have 6 more points.

May be I can be labelled an apologist or a happy clapper. But I prefer perspective & an honest reality check based upon the actual facts.
This season Crewe have taken 4 points off us. We've taken 1 off them. So overall, 3 of the 6 points we're behind them are accounted for. As are 2 of the 20 goals less than them we've scored.

I agree but the fact that Comper mentioned the he acts as a go between from Brad and Shannon when they're in the US, and Jackett over here suggests that he will stay for the time being, who knows? The Galinsons are learning as they go but they're obviously no mugs.
To be fair Billy, he's hardly likely to say "I'll be acting as the go-between from Bradford and Shannon when they're in the US and Jackett up until he's sacked next week....."

Oh yes, I remember Bobby Folds. I was young (once 🤣) at the time but even then knew he was utter rubbish. Fifty plus years on, he still leaves a legacy!!
44 apps (of which 6 as sub)
1 goal

Prolific in cup games though, 1 goal in 4 apps, a winner at Aldershit in the FLC.

Crewe in very odd colours personally i don't think it should be allowed. For anyone who has colour blindness.
Must be the5th or 6th team that has turned up at our place in almost an all black kit. What's all that about? Some new science about black kits confusing the opposition?

Anyway we don't deserve it but are somehow in a play off spot for a few days.
Surely one of the half dozen behind us will put a couple of wins together and push us back out. Until then, I'll enjoy the luck and hope Harrogate overdo the Easter eggs and are off the pace on Monday.

Must be the5th or 6th team that has turned up at our place in almost an all black kit. What's all that about? Some new science about black kits confusing the opposition?

Anyway we don't deserve it but are somehow in a play off spot for a few days.
Surely one of the half dozen behind us will put a couple of wins together and push us back out. Until then, I'll enjoy the luck and hope Harrogate overdo the Easter eggs and are off the pace on Monday.
Count yourself lucky. At Uni I used to watch Coventry in their chocolate brown away kit. :poop: