The Official Crewe Alexandra Match Thread (Sponsored by Pink Snooker Balls "for all your six point needs") | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Official Crewe Alexandra Match Thread (Sponsored by Pink Snooker Balls "for all your six point needs")

Josh Walker has to go down as one of our worst loan signings ever. Looked like we'd chucked on a Sunday league player. Would have been better off going with Hawkins and Andrews both on together.

Walker looks like he doesn't want to be here.

Hawkins not good enough today. Had a great game against Salford and has been much less effective since.

Andrews has bags of promise but he's the only forward we have that looks like a threat of any description.

Josh Walker has to go down as one of our worst loan signings ever. Looked like we'd chucked on a Sunday league player. Would have been better off going with Hawkins and Andrews both on together.
Yup hawk and andrews should have been the option and play the percentages - it is div 2!

Doncaster down to 10 men
....but still beat Creepy 2-0

Colchester beat Newport. Sutton win at Salford. Walsall lost 5-0. There are no easy opponents in this division and let's not forget that, apart from the Mansfield game, Crewe were the only remaining opponent that were higher than us.

Performance didn't sound very good but the point may still be useful, or even decisive.

Keep the faith. UTG !

Walker is starting to remind me of Dean McDonald. He did get one vital goal during his time with us so maybe just maybe?

Three points would have been great but one, following results elsewhere, lifts us into the play-off zone. Other results have gone our way today.

Every game is huge, and we`re still in it.

Think we`re playing better away, roll on Monday, Bradford & Mansfield.

IF we can earn a play-off berth, it`ll be down to us winning ugly. The much heralded "change of direction" will have to wait a few months. UTG

Didn't do enough to win a tight game so it was important we didn't lose.

We're hard to beat but our Achilles Heel is in front of the opposition goal to state the bleeding obvious.

Frustratingly we could not get the Hutton/Mahoney combination into the game second half which dented our creativity hugely.

Another home draw where we've lacked that crucial cutting edge to get the 3 points.

Can't fault the effort but the failure to recruit quality strikers is probably going to bite us on the back side. With a couple of decent goal scorers we would be comfortably in the play offs minimum.

Irritating result but somehow we're 7th. Who knows this could turn out to be a vital point gained. Ever the optimist!

Very poor at home yet again, blaming the conditions which is a rubbish excuse.

Not sure SC actually has the skill to be a decent manager, last 3 homes games and been crp, nothing seems to change.
Looks like BG is happy to stick with SC next season either way which is surprising when confirmed our failing to make the PO's.
If BG is happy with SC then fair enough, spose we have to go with it but I just dont think its going to work out for him but hope I'm wrong.

Walker looks like he doesn't want to be here.

Hawkins not good enough today. Had a great game against Salford and has been much less effective since.

Andrews has bags of promise but he's the only forward we have that looks like a threat of any description.
Hawkins had 2 players sandwiching him, trying to rip his shirt off, holding him & not a foul given. The referee was naive & bloody useless. The 4th official was bollicking our bench for complaining & threatened to send one of them off!

It was more sleep repeat. Seen today's type performances so many time this season, a lack of creativity added to a lack of any real goal threat. Today was another day of prolonging the agony. If by some miracle we make the playoffs, its going to be a hard watch.

Think BG is going to have to spend and hope the recruitment is waaaaaaay better in attacking areas than it has been.

Going forward into next season i wouldn't be in any hurry to keep any of our attacking players. None of Williams, Lapslie or Mahoney have delivered anywhere near what we'd need to get out of this division and in the striking area I'd only be looking to keep Andrews of the current lot.

If we're going seriously challenge next season we're going to have to not only up our chances created by also taken.

Do I have faith we'll recruit what's needed? In a word, no, judging by what we've recruited so far in attacking areas. Hopefully SC will get to choose who he wants as what we've recruited so far, which has presumably been other people choices have been way off what we need.

IMO to turn us into challengers is going to require a big spend.

It was more sleep repeat. Seen today's type performances so many time this season, a lack of creativity added to a lack of any real goal threat. Today was another day of prolonging the agony. If by some miracle we make the playoffs, its going to be a hard watch.

Think BG is going to have to spend and hope the recruitment is waaaaaaay better in attacking areas than it has been.

Going forward into next season i wouldn't be in any hurry to keep any of our attacking players. None of Williams, Lapslie or Mahoney have delivered anywhere near what we'd need to get out of this division and in the striking area I'd only be looking to keep Andrews of the current lot.

If we're going seriously challenge next season we're going to have to not only up our chances created by also taken.

Do I have faith we'll recruit what's needed? In a word, no, judging by what we've recruited so far in attacking areas. Hopefully SC will get to choose who he wants as what we've recruited so far, which has presumably been other people choices have been way off what we need.

IMO to turn us into challengers is going to require a big spend.

The big spend could well be paying players off as many players failing to deliver still have a year or more on their contracts apparently. We need players with effort, desire and leadership just as much as quality. For example, if i could swap any one of Mahoney, Lapslie or Jonny Williams for someone like Alex McDonald I'd do it in an instant.

The big spend could well be paying players off as many players failing to deliver still have a year or more on their contracts apparently. We need players with effort, desire and leadership just as much as quality. For example, if i could swap any one of Mahoney, Lapslie or Jonny Williams for someone like Alex McDonald I'd do it in an instant.

And that is double whammy of shite recruitment.

If i was BG i would seriously be considering trusting anyone that was involved in last summers recruitment to be involved in this summers dealings. Not only do we need to replace undeperforming players we need to pay them off to get them out the building.