The Official Crewe Alexandra Match Thread (Sponsored by Pink Snooker Balls "for all your six point needs") | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Official Crewe Alexandra Match Thread (Sponsored by Pink Snooker Balls "for all your six point needs")

Had a chuckle when I read this. You are even more miserable than me, and I have the excuse of being slightly older, I believe.

I agree with you as it happens.
:giggle:
Me too.

I thought I had MOCS (Miserable old **** syndrome) but WX is next level.🤣

Well I’m late 40s and agree with the statement.

I regularly hover between miserable/cynical/enthusiastic usually directly linked to current workload, alcohol intake, and previous gills result.

Had a chuckle when I read this. You are even more miserable than me, and I have the excuse of being slightly older, I believe.

I agree with you as it happens.
:giggle:
Based on a simple calculation of Crawley's average points per game over the season they should get to around 71 or 72 points.This is of course very approximate and could be a million miles out.But on that basis regardless of today's results there is still a lot to play for this season.But the odds are stacked against us by the sheer number of teams seemingly fighting for one place.

I’ve booked the playoff final weekend in Leeds for a party, that’s how confident I am that we won’t be at Wembley that weekend!

I’ve booked the playoff final weekend in Leeds for a party, that’s how confident I am that we won’t be at Wembley that weekend!

I've been offered some well paid work that weekend but keep delaying accepting it just in case.

Maybe I'll be able to confirm after the weekend.

But I won't until we can't.

No win today = goodbye play-offs.

So what you're basically saying then is that you think we need to win our remaining 6 games to make the playoffs? Personally I think 5 would do it, possibly could even scrape in with 4 wins and a draw.

A win today would be ideal though as it'd leave us 3pts behind Crewe (although they've got one in hand), meaning 6th place could potentially also be up for grabs, not just 7th. If we could win 10-0 and wipe out their GD advantage, even better :p

No win today = goodbye play-offs.

I think it depends more upon how we play rather than just the result.

Like most I think we need 12 points from our remaining 6 games to get in to the play-offs. Today will be a great measure of how much we deserve that to happen.

A win will keep us on track. A draw will put pressure on us to get better results from the next 5 games but, if we play well, might not mean the end of our hopes. A defeat will be disappointing but if we go down fighting there may still be a chance.

Obviously, what none of us want is for the team to play poorly and get soundly beaten. That said, being Gillingham, we could lose badly today and then go on to win our next 5. :cool:

That said, being Gillingham, we could lose badly today and then go on to win our next 5. :cool:
When did we last win five in a row?!

More likely is that we'll win today, draw on Monday and be well placed, then lose miserably at Valley Parade and spend the next week desperately hoping for other results to go our way.