The Official Android Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Official Android Thread

Benham - 15/2/2011 13:18

I believe its 2.7.3 fella, you need to manually download it off the applanet webside put it on the phone and open to install.

Alternatively PM me your email address and ill send it you, as need to register to the applanet website

That is indeed the latest version

TuBBz - 15/2/2011 05:55

What do you want to use the barcode scanner for?

There are so many different types so if you let me know what it is for I shall find the best ad free version for you

The one I've seen on *-***** you scan the barcode then it tells you where you can find the item cheapest.

Red Laser is the nadgers for scanning barcodes, and checking prices etc. on the ifail, and I believe they do an android 1 ...... may be worth a shot

mattyslost - 15/2/2011 08:22

upthevilla - 14/2/2011 21:39

Tubbs, how many of these are free/charged for? Missed it, but Sunday Times had best 500 apps (pt1) this week, not sure if Android/I-phone or both. Looking for a decent free barcode scanner app as good as Red Laser? for android, and something similar to Phone tracker and I-face fat etc? Zen Timer Lite is good for anyone wanting to meditate for a certain amount of time :-)

Shopsavvy is a good barcode scanner.

don't know what happened there.... see above.

dont know if you have heard the same rumour as myself tubbz about a few android phones being released later in the year with a duel core processor? which is quite frightening, the end of the pc is possibly nigh!! lol

Tubbz I've got advanced task killer but auto kill is half hour plus what one you use for 15 mins?

Wire goggles is a pretty cool app for taking far out photos. Here is a pic of my keyboard at work just to show you.

Pic is pixalated a lot more than it looks in it's proper size, but you get my drift of what the app is about.

Attachments

• Wire Goggles1.jpg
    Wire Goggles1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 0
Sorry I'm a bit late to the party :)

First thing I would pick up is App Brain as it will really help you keep track of what apps you have and allows you to move them to the SD easily and lets you know when there is an update to an app. Then if you want you can share you app list with friends so they can see what new cool stuff you have.

My most used photo app is Reto Camera. I have a few different pic apps but keep coming back to that one for some reason.

Also I find Drop Box is handy for both the phone and the PC.

If you have multiple background screens to scroll with like I do on the Droid X and want different pics on each then try MultiPicture Live Wallpaper.

I have some other things like bubble level and Ulysse's Gizmos which is fun but much better if you have the GPS hooked up.

If anyone uses AppBrain let me know and we can friend each other. Much better to see what someone else is using before you download a bunch of crap that you dont like.

Ohh and Dolphin Browser rocks. Tried a few and that is the one that works the best by far. Even beats Firefox IMO

Well now it appears that someone has managed to get some details on the next generation Galaxy S smartphone coming from Samsung, the Samsung Galaxy S 2, and looks to include specs, price, and release date.

According to an article over on Android Central, UK e-tailer Mobile Fun is showing a device they are calling the Samsung Galaxy S 2 i9100 as available soon, and pre-order now for priority dispatch and commands a price tag of £549.95 SIM free.

Spec wise this Samsung Galaxy S 2 is said to sport a 4.3 inch Super AMOLED Plus touch screen, 8 megapixel camera with LED flash and 1080p video, 1.3 megapixel front facing camera, 1GHz dual-core Samsung Orion processor, NFC, 1GB RAM, Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS, and Bluetooth 3.0.

As for release date for the Samsung Galaxy S 2, the article states the device is expected to release as of the 4th of March. Having said that, there is of course no confirmation as to whether these specs, price and release date are real.

TuBBz - 15/2/2011 18:37

Hey J I know it may be a hassle but any chance of removing the spam in this thread?

Totally off topic BS and to be honest the time and effort I am putting into this thread is getting ruined by a few

Guys once more this thread is to discuss ANDROID, as previously stated we have had a mobile phone thread in place for well over 2 years and is still going strong

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=25132&start=1

Kindly take your points over to that thread

[img=http://erooups.com/engine/data/emoticons/fuck.gif]

Right you are, wont happen again.. After this one

Top Tip for battery saving

Download the 2g to 3g switcher and put the widget on your desktop

Switch to 2g and keep it there but when you want to go onto the net change it to 3g

You will be amazed at how much longer your battery will last

Better Still download this little beauty

It has that control and then some

Extended Controls v5.2.1

Requirements: Android

Overview: Extended controls is THE MUST HAVE APP for every Android user. It provides a totally customizable widgets, many advanced settings for any widget (more than 30 toggles each).
[img=http://i.imgur.com/Fdyc6.jpg]

Extended Controls provides user-friendly graphic interface and a easy configuration manager.
With its features user can customize his widgets and he can beautify his fantastic Android smartphone.

Features:
Custom backgrounds (you can choose from your gallery or download a set of backgrounds from the web);
Change Widgets transparency;
A lot of different icons;
Edit exists widgets;
Customizable colors;
Customizable labels;
Enable/Disable dividers;
Label colors;
Different widgets size (over 10 toggle for any single widget);
Different indicator type (standard or circular)

Advanced features:
Widgets in notification bar;
Possibility to remove widgets size from android menu;
Disable static indicator;
Show wallpaper in widget configuration;
Widget preview of your widget on configuration activity

Profiles mode:
Only app that saves your widgets and allow you to load it whenever you want!!!!

As we know Android provides a widget that allows you to enable or disable these settings: WiFi,Bluetooth,GPS,Sync,Brightness.
Don’t you think that the widget is insufficient since we use other settings more than these above? With Extended Controls, Android Power Widget can be improved allowing users to add main settings:
- 2G-3G (Shortcut + label network)
- 4G Toggle (WiMAX for EVO)
- APN (Renaming APN or Direct Mode)
- Wifi (with indicator label)
- Bluetooth
- Brightness (High customization, with custom seekbar, label percentage, native mode)
- Direct GPS (No shortcut)
- Auto Sync
- Auto Rotate
- Airplane Mode (Fly mode)
- SD Scanner
- Silent Mode
- Vibration Mode
- Timeout (customizable with label)
- Stay Awake toggle
- Torch (Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire, HTC Legend, Sony Ericsson X10mini, Sony Ericsson X10, Motorola DroidX, Motorola Droid, Milestone, Verizon etc...)
- Mount USB
- AlwaysOn feature
- AutoLock
- Reboot (only for root users!! bootloader, normal or fastboot, confirm dialog)
- Battery (image, percentage or image percentage; color label)
- Locale
- Hotspot Wifi
- USB Tether
- LockPattern
- AudioManager (Switch directly from mute, vibration and normal mode)
- Lock Screen (turn your screen off)
- Direct Shortcut app (All activities or applications)

Recent changes:
- Added custom Icons theme;
- Added german translation;
- Added long press on Search Button;
- Added trasparency on custom backgrounds;
- Added portuguese translation;
- Added scroll horizontal on main menu;
- Added auto-apply on brightness dialog;
- Added Shutdown toggle;
- Added Volume Manager toggle;
- Added Haptic Feedback toggle;
- Added dynamic percentage on brightness dialog;
- Changed Main UI Dialog;

More Info:

www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/extended-controls_gdqd.html

Download Here

Had that mate but messed up my APN settings for some reason. I have now got the HTC stock widgets on which are awesome.

Pretty self explanatory this one

3D Digital Weather Clock v.3.0.9

[IMG=http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4748/24268210.jpg] [IMG=http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7550/82763341.jpg]

Description:

Widget digital clock (size 4x2) with the calendar, the weather forecast.

Download:

Download Here

Pro evo 2011, hard but bloody good!!

Attachments

• Pro-Evolution-Soccer-02.jpg
    Pro-Evolution-Soccer-02.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 0
  • pe2011.jpg
    pe2011.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
TV Shows Stream v2.4.3

Requirements: ANDROID:2.2 and up

Overview: Finally watch FULL TV-Shows direct in your Android device! The aplication searchs over internet for hundreds of tv-shows links capables to be played directly on your device, with full screen support using megavideo and other hosting services. The search results are shown in a intuitive and easy to use interface. In addition, the browser application is prepared for viewing videos hosted in Megavideo, Frogmovz and Karambavidz easily for use with small screens.
[img=http://i.imgur.com/u845Zl.jpg]

[img=http://i.imgur.com/1Pbnbl.jpg]

-> All TV shows are available in its original version. Usually in English or with English subtitles. <-

Minimum requirements:

- Android version 2.2 or 2.3 (Froyo or Gingerbread)
- Adobe Flash Player
- Wifi or good data connection. ( Specially for EVO Sprint users with buffering problem)
Note: Not all the videos are in the same quality, network speed requirements can be different for each video.

Recomendations:

- Wifi conection
- 1 Ghz processor

Features:

- View your favourite TV show in streaming.

- Megavideo, Frogmovz and Karambavidz auto full screen support.

- Add series to your list of bookmarks to access them directly

- Most popular series section

- Check with a simple "tap" if new episodes have been released of your favourite series.

WHAT'S NEW
-Fix frogmovz "links not available" problems.

More Info:
www.market.android.com/details?id=tvshows.kiio.es

Download Here

This is a great game and you can play single player or over Wifi

Let’s Golf! HD v3.4.0

Operating System: Android 2.1 or above

Overview: Discover a fun atmosphere making golf accessible to anyone with 63 holes in 4 environments in 3D and 4 characters to customize.

[img=http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4168/1081k.jpg]

Features:

* 63 holes in 4 distinct locations remodelled in 3D: Fiji Beach, the American Mountains, the English Countryside, and Scottish Lochs.
* 4 cool and animated characters customizable with your own style. Each player has unique strengths and weaknesses.
* Controls adaptable to anyone: Advanced mode plays like a sports simulation game, and you can even add spin to the ball. Casual mode for easy fun and fewer bogies (but no, it won’t let you cheat).

Download Instructions: Install apk file and use wifi/3g to get the remaining data folder. I suggest wifi as the remaining data is 160mb

Download Here