The Official Android Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Official Android Thread

Vignette is a good photo program but I really like Darkroom so here it is Ad free

iDarkroom 1.1.1

[IMG=http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8370/screenshot112975223811c.jpg]

Featured as "New and Noteworthy" Photography App on the USA, Japan, UK, Canada, Italia, Australia, Germany, Mexico App Store

iDarkroom can add amazing effects to your photos. It supports six types of effects: colour filter, paper, light leak & bokeh, vignette, noise, frame. You can shuffle these effects by just one tap, or choose each type of effect manually.

20 color filters
11 paper effects
13 light leak & bokeh effects
5 vignette effects
4 noise effects
7 frame effects
Shuffle effects
Sharing by Mail, Twitter, Facebook
Save to Photo Album
Various photo size

What's new in Version 1.1.1
Fixed a crash bug on iOS 3.0

www.filesonic.com/file/184469972/iDarkroom-v1.1.2-CyPhErLoUs.ipa

upthevilla - 14/2/2011 21:39

Tubbs, how many of these are free/charged for? Missed it, but Sunday Times had best 500 apps (pt1) this week, not sure if Android/I-phone or both. Looking for a decent free barcode scanner app as good as Red Laser? for android, and something similar to Phone tracker and I-face fat etc? Zen Timer Lite is good for anyone wanting to meditate for a certain amount of time :-)

Shopsavvy is a good barcode scanner.

I really like ES File Explorer. I know Astro is the one many go for, but you can map a network drive in ES. I have my home server and the server in the office mapped, so if I need any documents/films/music copying over it is so simple. Or I can copy Photos etc straight from the phone to my PC - no wires - no additional software - no fuss.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 15/2/2011 10:25

I really like ES File Explorer. I know Astro is the one many go for, but you can map a network drive in ES. I have my home server and the server in the office mapped, so if I need any documents/films/music copying over it is so simple. Or I can copy Photos etc straight from the phone to my PC - no wires - no additional software - no fuss.

Would that work for any company? Wouldnt they have a firewall or some sorts set up?

Handy to have --- I had to go to the trouble of downloading one whole app to do that on the ifail ....... :3:

i always leave my wifi on at home and connect to watch iplayer etc before nodding off to sleep, came in useful when watching the cricket lol

i downloaded the free version of star traders which is a nice addictive little game from the market.

for my music tuneinradio and for free mp3s mp3download and gtunesmusic which are great.

i also downloaded asphalt5 which is brilliant.

download soundhound for recognising tunes off the radio, zedge for ringtones and sms.

for uploading videos qik.

mattyslost - 15/2/2011 10:42

Would that work for any company? Wouldnt they have a firewall or some sorts set up?

Not sure how it works on Android, but with the Ifail, you need vpn access 1st, (should imagine its the same on Android really) if you have that (many apps avilable), then there are many different choices for drive mapping, and file sharing, drag n drop etc ..............

the iphone works and sells so well because the basic set up is brilliant.

I like iTunes and the App store is better than androids.

I just dont get why Android users slag off the iPhone LOL

I believe its 2.7.3 fella, you need to manually download it off the applanet webside put it on the phone and open to install.

Alternatively PM me your email address and ill send it you, as need to register to the applanet website

Are you boys not troubled at all by Androids T&C's? I find the thought of Android taking over quite frigtening really, even if it's at the expense of Apple. I'm hoping Symbian get their act together, a nice friendly OS

Symbian's dead in the water dude, wholly owned by Nokia, who have just got into bed with Microsoft for Windows Phone 7.

In fairness, its had its time, been around since about 2003, never been totally stable, but its still the most popular mobile OS (by numbers) in the world. Google, Apple and Microsoft have more money than God though, so the only reason that their OS's won't succeed is if they decide to do something else and drop the project, which is highly unlikely I'd have thought.

I suppose it's all about the individual. I don't mind Symbian despite the obvious problems, and if it means I don't have to sign up to googles useage of my "voice and location data" then that's all I need. Hate apple because they seem hell bent on making sure everything every one owns is made by them and they're generally anti universally compatible technology. Hate google because they're far too into this data collection stuff. So I'll take a slightly dodgy OS if it means I'm supporting the good old boys at Nokia who like the idea of universal technology and don't insist on spying on me.

Also I've got Gameboy Colour and Advanced emulators for free, can't argue with that.

Guys, enough re: iphone and android, it is silly. Might go through and delete it all later otherwise TuBBz will be telling you off anyway.

Benham, got the blank screen for applanet.net also

PTP - 15/2/2011 14:45

I suppose it's all about the individual. I don't mind Symbian despite the obvious problems, and if it means I don't have to sign up to googles useage of my "voice and location data" then that's all I need. Hate apple because they seem hell bent on making sure everything every one owns is made by them and they're generally anti universally compatible technology. Hate google because they're far too into this data collection stuff. So I'll take a slightly dodgy OS if it means I'm supporting the good old boys at Nokia who like the idea of universal technology and don't insist on spying on me.

I confess I agree, but then Google do make some pretty amazing services available to the public for free, and then make money out of selling our data instead. Its very true that there's no such thing as a free lunch.

I have a somewhat cynical view of Symbian due to the amount of hassle phones running it have caused me as a retailer, especially in the early days, its a lot better these days, and the N8 is a thing of beauty, with an outstanding camera and real durability. I just think that its going to end up a casualty of progress unless Nokia do something special with it, but with the Windows thing and the canning of their Meego phones too, I think they've as good as stated that isn't going to happen.

Re applanet, ill have a look later as I know I've got the latest but also not working, leave it with me chap

azreal13 - 15/2/2011 14:55

PTP - 15/2/2011 14:45

I confess I agree, but then Google do make some pretty amazing services available to the public for free, and then make money out of selling our data instead. Its very true that there's no such thing as a free lunch.

I have a somewhat cynical view of Symbian due to the amount of hassle phones running it have caused me as a retailer, especially in the early days, its a lot better these days, and the N8 is a thing of beauty, with an outstanding camera and real durability. I just think that its going to end up a casualty of progress unless Nokia do something special with it, but with the Windows thing and the canning of their Meego phones too, I think they've as good as stated that isn't going to happen.

It is a bit unstable. I've got a Nokia N86 jobby and after the recent software updates it runs pretty smoothly. I suppose I've just got to live in hope that they can sort it out. I love the idea of universal charges and Nokia are pushing that all they can so I'll stick with them, don't much fancy a Blackberry. Defo looking at the N8 for my next upgrade, I swear that is compatible with some Android apps as well? Don't know wher I read that but I thought it was

Hey J I know it may be a hassle but any chance of removing the spam in this thread?

Totally off topic BS and to be honest the time and effort I am putting into this thread is getting ruined by a few

Guys once more this thread is to discuss ANDROID, as previously stated we have had a mobile phone thread in place for well over 2 years and is still going strong

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=25132&start=1

Kindly take your points over to that thread

[img=http://erooups.com/engine/data/emoticons/fuck.gif]