The Official AFC Wimbledon Match Thread (Sponsored by the Ageing Process "for all your "nearly forgot there was a game tonight" needs") | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Official AFC Wimbledon Match Thread (Sponsored by the Ageing Process "for all your "nearly forgot there was a game tonight" needs")

Brentford away for me. I have a Bees supporting chum who I met home or away for years when we were both in the bottom tiers. Even been in all 4 Griffin Park corner pubs thanks to him! Then they got their sugar daddy who's taken them to the Prem and I've just got bitter and jealous.

Thanks for the link THS. I still haven`t seen us play yet but gleaned enough from the highlights to suggest we are a lot more entertaining and incisive than last season. Looking forward very much to watching the Blues at Tranmere.

If your driving ask a steward if its ok to take your hubcaps in with you.

What a great guy to have ìn our dressing room.
He is modest and supportive. I am sure Mandron,Kashket and Walker will all greatly benefit from his skills.But he seems very much a team player.
Having Greenaldo and Williams in the dressing room will definitely help the group.It is not just about individual abilities it is about people and what they can do for each other.
Greenaldo is as near to Jet as another solar system both have or had the same magic.But Greenaldo uses his skills to improve those around him.Jet did the total opposite. Jordan's enthusiasm is infectious but having Williams around will I am sure keep that enthusiasm at ground level.

I thought 325 was an excellent turn out. Might be close, but it’s only the Mickey Mouse trophy, and 3 days after a home game. Think money is tight for a lot of fans. I applaud them all.

Very good result to keep up some positivity. And especially good to see Mandron off the mark (with what sounds like an excellent goal) and some reward for Greenaldo 👍

Always good to get the strikers scoring.
Exactly OSK. With all due respect Lark, it wasn't an attractive match, playing some reserve players instead of our best team for example. 5 of my mates went to the first league game at Wimbledon due to the importance of the game; 3 very valuable points at stake, whereas none of them went to this latest game. Had we lost it wouldn't have mattered that much, but if we lose to Tranmere on Saturday, that will really hurt me and lots of other fans.

These sentiments are borne out by the facts that 325 Gills fans travelled, which as I said previously was a really good turn out, but nowhere near the near 1200 we took to the league game. The attendance at Wimbledon on the first day was near 8,000 whereas on Tuesday they just about scraped 3,000. Lots more examples like MK who usually get 8-9,000 got just 2,000. There's just not the interest.

What a great guy to have ìn our dressing room.
He is modest and supportive. I am sure Mandron,Kashket and Walker will all greatly benefit from his skills.But he seems very much a team player.
Having Greenaldo and Williams in the dressing room will definitely help the group.It is not just about individual abilities it is about people and what they can do for each other.
Greenaldo is as near to Jet as another solar system both have or had the same magic.But Greenaldo uses his skills to improve those around him.Jet did the total opposite. Jordan's enthusiasm is infectious but having Williams around will I am sure keep that enthusiasm at ground level.
Green just needs the guile of Howard Pritchard, the eye for goal of Martin Robinson and the speed of Dave Smith. No pressure...

Exactly OSK. With all due respect Lark, it wasn't an attractive match, playing some reserve players instead of our best team for example. 5 of my mates went to the first league game at Wimbledon due to the importance of the game; 3 very valuable points at stake, whereas none of them went to this latest game. Had we lost it wouldn't have mattered that much, but if we lose to Tranmere on Saturday, that will really hurt me and lots of other fans.

These sentiments are borne out by the facts that 325 Gills fans travelled, which as I said previously was a really good turn out, but nowhere near the near 1200 we took to the league game. The attendance at Wimbledon on the first day was near 8,000 whereas on Tuesday they just about scraped 3,000. Lots more examples like MK who usually get 8-9,000 got just 2,000. There's just not the interest.
I agree that 325 was a decent turnout, I was in it and it felt more like 400 odd, only purchased my ticket on the night at the stadium as made a late decision to go. (Incidentally prices increased by £2 on the night when the Gills Twitter page had said no price increase earlier in the day).
I was more questioning why you thought only 70-80 away fans would attend, thinking you may have got the competition mixed up with the Football League Trophy, where the away attendances are more like that sort of figure.

Last edited: