The Official AFC Wimbledon Match Thread (Sponsored by the Ageing Process "for all your "nearly forgot there was a game tonight" needs") | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Official AFC Wimbledon Match Thread (Sponsored by the Ageing Process "for all your "nearly forgot there was a game tonight" needs")

Good result, managed to rest some of our key players for most of the game. Baggett still excelling. Good game for Turner, it surprised me to see the feeling towards him by the start of the season. Classy finish again from Mandron, like Sunderland away. Green is just Jordan Green👍

Looked like a penalty for us second half too, but also looked like a red card for me near the end in front of the main stand!

I still dislike AFC Wimbledon as an away game, even when it’s half full. By The Horns 🤷‍♂️

Brilliant turn out for a micky mouse cup game, my guess was that there'd be 73 away fans, 80 at best.
Why? Wimbledon is one of the easiest Away grounds to get to all season. Done it twice in 10 days now but doubt I’ll go to more than a couple of other away games all season.
Thought AFC had the majority of the play until Green came on who was an immediate outlet for us, then Reeves and Mandron helped too (although Reeves nearly immediately sent off, didn’t see what happened as down the far end but their fans went crazy over it).
Very composed finish from Mandron after Green had been fouled but the ref played on, drilled low into the net from edge of box.
Green’s goal I think came from a defensive error but he found himself free inside the box and calmly side footed it home.
Was impressed with Will Wright tonight, much better than he played in the first game v Wimbledon. Had a good free-kick well saved.

What a result, lets hope for a worthwhile draw in the next round.
I always think its a cup to take serious and would love to see us progress further than we ever have which I think is the 4th rnd.

Was following via the comments on here up until the disallowed goal, then got completely engrossed in the latest episode of Better Call Saul to the extent I forgot we were even playing, just remembered again now.

Good result, let's hope for a decent draw in round 2.

Was following via the comments on here up until the disallowed goal, then got completely engrossed in the latest episode of Better Call Saul to the extent I forgot we were even playing, just remembered again now.

Good result, let's hope for a decent draw in round 2.

No spoilers please

Why? Wimbledon is one of the easiest Away grounds to get to all season. Done it twice in 10 days now but doubt I’ll go to more than a couple of other away games all season.

I thought 325 was an excellent turn out. Might be close, but it’s only the Mickey Mouse trophy, and 3 days after a home game. Think money is tight for a lot of fans. I applaud them all.

Very good result to keep up some positivity. And especially good to see Mandron off the mark (with what sounds like an excellent goal) and some reward for Greenaldo 👍

Always good to get the strikers scoring.