The Official Accrington Stanley Match Thread (Sponsored by the Milk Marketing Board "for all your "who are they?" needs") | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Official Accrington Stanley Match Thread (Sponsored by the Milk Marketing Board "for all your "who are they?" needs")

Quote from the Accrington forum:

Stanley should have had SEVEN penalties today!
Having said that, we were very predictable in our style of play.
Our main channels were down the right wing with Mitch Clarke but he is not an out and out winger and rarely beats the full back. The other channel was predictable long diagonal crosses trying to find Bishop who once again was lucky to finish still wearing a shirt! Chapman admitted to us fans close to the post that the ball did cross the line that he ‘clawed’ out. In the closing minutes of added on time we should have been awarded THREE penalties in a matter of just a few seconds! The most obvious penalty shout though was for the GBH assault on Sykes!
hitting.gif

Cannot comment on the standard of refereeing because there simply wasn’t one there today!

It's hard to take whomever wrote that seriously.

I mean, "GBH", come on. Use your noggin mate. If you can't analyse a game without throwing a hissy fit, put your keyboard back and go for a wander.

At the end of the day, any Accrington fan not aiming their angst at their defenders or their coaching staff (for the weird long ball hoofing) is just projecting.

Amazing result today. Bomber is becoming a god !

So Accy thought they should have had 7 penalties? Challenges resembling GBH? They should have seen some of the photos of Tom Eaves in action a few years yet, with defenders arms all over him and obstructing him every week. Same is often the case with Big V these days. They don't whinge and whimper like Sykes.

And here was me thinking they were tough oop north.:ROFLMAO:

Bit OTT from the Accrington management team and commentators post match - OK it wasn`t a pretty game but right now, especially given our situation, it`s points not pretty that counts ! Well done to the Gills - good shifts from everyone once again - I like Phillips in our team - he could well challenge for a starting spot next week.

Well done to the Accrington stewards who, following some last minute civil looking negotiation with a representative of "the choir" , agreed to let Gills fans go and stand on the terrace behind the goal - instead of restricting us all to the side stand. Good stuff.

Looking forward to Sunderland away next week - another huge game. Be there or be square !

EDited to say - well done Aaron Chapman - had a terrific game and looking better each week.

Great to see that NH said he had the two strikers working together on their partnership during the week.

I particularly like the fact that he said that "he had" which suggests that NH may be doing some one to one coaching.

Kelman could clearly learn as much, if not more, from Harris as from Oliver. How to time runs, etc. Harris was a talented striker with numbers to back that up.

I’m not sure where the 7 penalties come from.

As I said earlier, with the ref letting most things go I’m surprised he gave the Jackson one, but did.

I assume the “GBH on Sykes” refers to the Tucker incident at the end. Obviously the ever away biased PL said it was a foul. Yet in my view Tucker was already in the air to head away when their guy sort of arrived into/under him. Then when JT landed on him after clearing it LOOKED dubious.

No mention of their manhandling of VO before he broke free of a bear hug to cross for our first then? Nor the cynical foul in the centre circle after we’d robbed the ball from them and were looking at a 3 on 1 attack.

Few weeks ago we looked dead & buried, it is a remarkable how NH has got this team believing. Just hope PS shows his appreciation and backs him as much as possible next season. UTG & well pleased we should be going to Derby instead of Barrow.

If NH keeps us up then there could be a number if clubs after him, price of success!

Quote from the Accrington forum:

Stanley should have had SEVEN penalties today!
Having said that, we were very predictable in our style of play.
Our main channels were down the right wing with Mitch Clarke but he is not an out and out winger and rarely beats the full back. The other channel was predictable long diagonal crosses trying to find Bishop who once again was lucky to finish still wearing a shirt! Chapman admitted to us fans close to the post that the ball did cross the line that he ‘clawed’ out. In the closing minutes of added on time we should have been awarded THREE penalties in a matter of just a few seconds! The most obvious penalty shout though was for the GBH assault on Sykes!
hitting.gif

Cannot comment on the standard of refereeing because there simply wasn’t one there today!
Blimey, has ST become an Accy fan?
:-)

Totally agree. Does that mean you are back from partial exile lol.
Lol Jerry I’ve actually been back at Priestfield a few times and just praying we stay up. You can’t deny Harris has steadied the ship although it nots pretty at times and it’s going to be tough for the next few games

Captain you cannot accept that that idiot would have taken us down !! Is Evans your dad or something
And captain ... he didn’t he just bought loads of players in and if it worked great if it didn’t he shipped them on he had a few very good players which papered over the cracks for me

And captain ... he didn’t he just bought loads of players in and if it worked great if it didn’t he shipped them on he had a few very good players which papered over the cracks for me

You really are a twat, a repetitive twat who for two years had not alot to justify your personal dislike of SE. I ddint want SE to be our manager, but for two years he did a decent job, regardless s of how he achieved it, under circumstances no other manager of GFC has had to work in our history, yet achieved two of our best placed finishes for years.

This season was a nitemare from the start, both in terms of recruitment and our covid affected pre season which then lead to injuries, which as you'd well know ( as Bradley's dad) can be very disruptive and a real issue and hampered us repeatedly. Was it tome for him to go yes, but for two years he did well.

NH has done a fantastic job since coming in but still you want to have a dig at a manager who left us over two months ago on a day when we've moved 4 points clear of the relegation places.

Move on and find some plaster to repair that chip you have on your shoulder regarding SE.

Back home in Macc - I was fan #255 today - the only Gills fan in Stanley’s new hospitality suite. Fantastic result and no one I was with thought Accy deserved anything.

A certain Mr Scally was sat in the hospitality at half time and full time with at least 3 be-suited colleagues, all with GFC ties - new investors perhaps? I did ask him as he was leaving if he’d saved a few quid to pay Bomber’s keeping us up bonus!

WASU