The non league scene. | Page 5 | Vital Football

The non league scene.

Worked for me. Photo of some blokes on a terrace with a load of pints lined up on the railings.

I`ve got rid of it now. Yeah, the pic was , as you say, blokes at a Non League away game having what looks like a pretty good time. I`ll try harder to get my links etc in order. :slap:

Non league offers some entertaining matches, also it is cheaper a lot cheaper, at Chatham Town. I am guessing most of our missing fans are going to Chatham if they are getting gates of 2000+. They charge £8 for adults, £5 for OAP's and students and £2 for children. For the price on the day you can 2 adults and 4 children for the same price as one adult at Gills. The football may not be as good, but the entertainment seems to be. if you are local to the club it is a no brainer.

Non league offers some entertaining matches, also it is cheaper a lot cheaper, at Chatham Town. I am guessing most of our missing fans are going to Chatham if they are getting gates of 2000+. They charge £8 for adults, £5 for OAP's and students and £2 for children. For the price on the day you can 2 adults and 4 children for the same price as one adult at Gills. The football may not be as good, but the entertainment seems to be. if you are local to the club it is a no brainer.

That might be unfair. From what I've heard they play a better style of football than we do.

Just a note on attendances.

Only five games tonight in the National League, but some big crowds expected. Stockport v Chesterfield (we could be playing both those teams next season) will draw a capacity crowd of just under 10K. Southend - who have finally found some form - will have over 8K for their home game v Bromley. Notts County and Grimbsy will both have good home crowds, around 5K - 6K plus. The other team at home is Wealdstone - they are the odd one out and likely to have a sub 2K attendance.

Just a note on attendances.

Only five games tonight in the National League, but some big crowds expected. Stockport v Chesterfield (we could be playing both those teams next season) will draw a capacity crowd of just under 10K. Southend - who have finally found some form - will have over 8K for their home game v Bromley. Notts County and Grimbsy will both have good home crowds, around 5K - 6K plus. The other team at home is Wealdstone - they are the odd one out and likely to have a sub 2K attendance.

Wonder if the Wealdstone Raider still goes? ''You want some?''

Went to watch Bashley yesterday, a team in the New Forest. What a nice club, very friendly, nice little ground & club house selling Doom Bar & London Pride.
Only a fiver to get in & not a bad game with Bashley beating Portchester 4-1.
Anyone who enjoys the non-leagues & spending abit of time in that area, I can certainly recommend this club. Matt Tubbs was playing for Bashley for those who may remember him. He played for Crawley & Bournemouth I believe.

James Rowe, the manager who recently left Chesterfield by "mutual consent" , following allegation of misconduct, has signed a three year contract at National League North club AFC Fylde.

I attend some of their games. Don`t know what Rowe is alleged to have done - but it sounds a good appointment for Fylde, who sacked Jim Bentley last week.

James Rowe, the manager who recently left Chesterfield by "mutual consent" , following allegation of misconduct, has signed a three year contract at National League North club AFC Fylde.

I attend some of their games. Don`t know what Rowe is alleged to have done - but it sounds a good appointment for Fylde, who sacked Jim Bentley last week.

It’s rumoured that he behaved extremely inappropriately towards a female physio which is now a police matter apparently, along with some other very dubious behaviour around how he treats members of staff in general.

He did sort Chesterfield out though and got them challenging at the top for the first time in ages (I believe they were top when the club suspended him?).

It’s rumoured that he behaved extremely inappropriately towards a female physio which is now a police matter apparently, along with some other very dubious behaviour around how he treats members of staff in general.

He did sort Chesterfield out though and got them challenging at the top for the first time in ages (I believe they were top when the club suspended him?).

Yes, turned the Spireites around. Rated as one of the best young managers in non-league and AFC Fylde say they`ve done their due diligence. Fylde left it a bit too late to change their manager (he was far too negative IMO); their only hope of promotion is probably via the play-offs.

I’m surprised Bentley didn’t do better there to be honest, but he’s always been quite a cautious manager in terms of approach. Are AFC Fylde still one of the more bank rolled clubs? I seem to have a memory of them in the Conference National play-offs a few seasons back, or certainly pushing for them.

Bentley did a great job keeping Morecambe in the league which would have included a lot of defensive tactics.After so many years perhaps it became part of who he was Liked him as a person when I met him back in about 2008/09 .I would like to wish him well.

Reactions: PuB
I’m surprised Bentley didn’t do better there to be honest, but he’s always been quite a cautious manager in terms of approach. Are AFC Fylde still one of the more bank rolled clubs? I seem to have a memory of them in the Conference National play-offs a few seasons back, or certainly pushing for them.

Yep, they have a wealthy owner and superb facilities - but, tbf to him, he really is a hardcore fan too, and the club`s supporters are treated exceptionally well by Mr Chairman.

Reactions: PuB
If he is under investigation , I wonder what Fylde will do if he's charged with an offence?
Or am I reading it wrong ?

Reading between the lines, i`m not sure that any official action is ongoing against him. Innocent until proved guilty and all that, so it`s too hypothetical to second guess.

Bentley did a great job keeping Morecambe in the league which would have included a lot of defensive tactics.After so many years perhaps it became part of who he was Liked him as a person when I met him back in about 2008/09 .I would like to wish him well.

Chris, you are spot on with that assessment. Fylde originally wanted Ian Evatt but then signed Bentley. Bentley arrived at Fylde at the time they were favourites to win the National League Premier. The club then nose-dived and instead of promotion and despite a decent run which was cut short by Covid, Fylde was relegated to NLN. Bentley inherited a team full of attacking prowess and set them up not to lose instead of going for the win. It failed abysmally. Bentley seems a very nice bloke but, IMO, and on the evidence of performance, it was a huge mistake to recruit him in the first place.