The non league scene. | Page 4 | Vital Football

The non league scene.

As the other threads have said a very impressive crowd at Chatham today with a good following from Sheppy. A good game, you could see why both sides are at the top of the league with little to seperate them. Good vocal support from the Chatham fans in their new stand behind the goal. If you haven't been to Chatham,s ground for a few years you'll be pleasantly surprised as it has turned into a nice little stadium.

i don’t know if actually losing your team and seeing it reborn is something I’d want for the Gills, but it’s certainly galvanised Macc‘s local support.

There is pattern where clubs struggle, then really struggle and then come back. In crouches words they tend to come back stronger.

Sometimes you have to take step back to take two forwards.

The non-League scene appears to be thriving - I wonder why ??

I think RotherhitheGill nailed it.

I've not been to a NL game for while but know a few ex Gills fans who do. They all say the same thing. More welcoming, better value for money and its nice to have a pint while you watch.

The fella on you tube who visits grounds often rates the non league grounds higher based on his experience on the day.

I think scally and other owners may need to wake up and stop taking fans for granted. There are plenty of "on the up" NL clubs in Kent more than ready to welcome disillusioned fans of kents only league club.

I've not been to a NL game for while but know a few ex Gills fans who do. They all say the same thing. More welcoming, better value for money and its nice to have a pint while you watch.

The fella on you tube who visits grounds often rates the non league grounds higher based on his experience on the day.

I think scally and other owners may need to wake up and stop taking fans for granted. There are plenty of "on the up" NL clubs in Kent more than ready to welcome disillusioned fans of kents only league club.
Definitely think we missed a few tricks when designing the new ground. A bar with at outside space ideally at both ends one being a mixed fan bar for the smaller visiting fans and just away fans bar for the big teams.If it was on the Gordon Road Priestfield Road corner so much the better.It would then be available to the Gimmers for a pre match or half time pint.Impossible for those who can't walk far on that side of the ground. Factory/blues rock should have opened out on too the car park area fenced off.Allowing smoking and outdoor drinking.

Mark, my "wondering" was a tad tongue-in-cheek. As you allude, there are a growing number non-league clubs with excellent grounds and excellent facilities (in some cases much better than the average L1/L2 club) . The standard of footy in the NL is also a lot higher than many might think and most of the time the games are very competitive with 100% effort.

I don`t know where this takes us, however. Prior to moving up here I had been to very few non-League games but, since starting to watch AFC Fylde, i`ve really bought in and enjoy the outstanding facilities and good quality footy. Would I swap it full time to abandon GFC - No, absolutely not. Our team is in our blood, very difficult to change that.

But, I would encourage people to go and watch a non-league game when watching GFC is not possible - the NL, in particular, has some really good players and it`s fun keeping an eye on those destined to play at a higher level and it`s also generally a good day out with little or no general aggro - and cheaper !

I popped along to Chatham on Monday; astonishing attendance at nearly 2k, which absolutely smashed the SCEFL record attendance. I really like the vibe at Chats.

Been enjoying a bit of a Kentish non league tour with my son this season. Need to get to Tonbridge, Bromley, Margate and Folkestone to complete the set.

Excellent days out - I'm a stadium geek so it's great to explore the full 360degrees of all these charming little grounds.

Good to see Tonbridge progress in FA Trophy yesterday beating Kings Lynn on pens. In the last 16 now for their first time.
Watched a very entertaining match yesterday--Horndean v Bashley, 4-2 to Horndean. Nice little bar there with London Pride on tap & 3 quid to get in, oh and won the raffle.:wahey:

What’s that supposed to be Lancs?

It just took me to Football Hunting Grounds Facebook page and scrolling through articles about Sunlun Bolton and Leicester Spurs 🤷‍♂️

Worked for me. Photo of some blokes on a terrace with a load of pints lined up on the railings.