The New Site Will Go Live TOMORROW! | Page 2 | Vital Football

The New Site Will Go Live TOMORROW!

Seems to have missed basics like taking you to the most up to date threads. Very advert based, which I understand is where the revenue comes from but when they are in threads is annoying. Give it time I suppose.

Just to say this is a work in progress and we will evolve things over time.

Hear what you say about the members league and the forum points.

We will see if it is possible to accredit users with their points carried over from the old forum.

Regards

VitalFootball Admin

Really like the look of the new board and I am happy with it. I am sure there are going to be a few teething problems but overall a good first impression on my part:clap:

Initial reaction is that it's slow on the main forum page. Very slow.

It's 'only' 3 or 4 seconds, but that's a long time when you're waiting for something to load (presumably all the adverts are taking the time).

Also quicker to post a new thread, which is better. Seems streamlined.

Can we get more threads on a page? There seem to be fewer than the previous layout.

Ok it is growing on me. Clicking on the thread title is taking me to where I want to go. Don't need tge button after all #horsesforcourses
Taking me to the first post rather than first unread post every time. How did you change it?

I like it so far. Clicking on a thread takes me to the latest new post, at least on the mobile site, I like that feature. Pages are a bit cleaner. A decent upgrade without wholesale change IMO

Don't really like the visual look of the new forum. It's too 'busy' if that makes sense In That the Avatars (?) are too large a detract from the text which is so small in comparison .

I guess it may be down to your normal style of browsing. In the past I would go to the oldest thread with unread posts and then just use go to previous thread to kind of scroll through them till got to the end. Now especially if I start on page 2 for example, you have to go 100% Imps then change page then click the thread, and then repeat each time. That's definitely not progress to me !

My biggest concern was always the Front Page Admin, but I'm getting on with that just fine!

That is something that I have wanted for a long time. When you come to a new thread I want taking to the start not the end.

Be good to have the choice: when dipping in and out of threads its useful to come into the last page. Proof of the pudding will be the matchday threads, I'd test it on Sunday but I'm elsewhere :thumbup:

Yikes! Emojis are lively:party:

Be good to have the choice: when dipping in and out of threads its useful to come into the last page. Proof of the pudding will be the matchday threads, I'd test it on Sunday but I'm elsewhere :thumbup:

Yikes! Emojis are lively:party:

What could possibly be more important on Sunday than being on this Site?

:lol::lol:

Is it going to speed up at some stage? There's too much being loaded on each page and that slows it down.

Can we also bring back the multi-quote so you're not just quoting the last post.