The MOVIE thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The MOVIE thread

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas remains my all time fave. You can't beat a good road movie but nothing can hold a candle to this.

Lawrence of Arabia
Body Heat - Kathleen Turner
The Secret In Their Eyes - Argentinian Version

And I loved the new Top Gun! Don't give a naff about critical acclaim.

Lawrence of Arabia

80, seen the first 2, very good films.

Tom Cruise lol! cannot stand the actor so have not seen any of his films, thus no comment.

80, seen the first 2, very good films.

Tom Cruise lol! cannot stand the actor so have not seen any of his films, thus no comment.

The Secret In Their Eyes is excellent and worth hunting down to watch.

I love anything about flying and Top Gun was outstanding in that regard.

Will hunt that film down 80.

Must admit I love anything flying about also, unless its bullshit of course, lol!, but just can't bring myself to watch a TC, little man syndrome, film.

Lawrence of Arabia

One of my pet hates is 'critics'. How can anyone criticise any art form .... music, books, paintings, sculpture, etc .... when all art is about personal preference. What makes critics think they can decide what is 'good' art. That's simply their opinion just like everyone else .... and their opinion is no better than anyone else, as I see it.

One of my pet hates is 'critics'. How can anyone criticise any art form .... music, books, paintings, sculpture, etc .... when all art is about personal preference. What makes critics think they can decide what is 'good' art. That's simply their opinion just like everyone else .... and their opinion is no better than anyone else, as I see it.
Haha wiv you there about critics, I think they are nonentities, me and the missus always read what the critics say about new Films, most of the time, if they have a negative criticism, 9 times out of 10 we enjoy it. Lol!

Ok! some critics are pretty dam good, but they are few and far between.

I love art critics, especially those that try to convince me that a pile of bricks is anything other than a pile of bricks. Show me an unmade bed and I'll show you a lazy so and so! :yes:

I love art critics, especially those that try to convince me that a pile of bricks is anything other than a pile of bricks. Show me an unmade bed and I'll show you a lazy so and so! :yes:

And the way they can tell you what an artist was thinking and what his/her message really was ..... pretty clever if the artist died four hundred years ago.

Mind I suppose we are all critics in our own way, but for free and not costing the bloody earth, or even dressing a certain way to show how artistic we are lol! mmmm!

Who came up with the novel idea that your average superhero should wear his underpants over his trousers? It seems to have been generally accepted as the norm over the years. Just imagine if you decided to do the same thing! You'd get quite a few looks i presume.

What We Did On Our Holiday’ is a wonderfully funny movie with a great cast and clever script. It stars Rosamund Pike, Billy Connolly, and three brilliant children. Other cast members perfectly add to the humour. I felt like a laugh and so watched it (again) today. So good!

PY …. I think Mrs PY would love it, mate!

Whatever's become of the action film hero movies of old. Used to have the likes of Sly & Arnie romping it up on the big screens. Where are all the modern day movie action heroes?