The MOVIE thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The MOVIE thread

Great thread....the list is endless....too many to mention.

Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Road to Perdition, Godfather, Usual Suspects, Scarface, The Negotiator, Fiddler on the Roof, Goodfellas, Cape Fear, Full Metal Jacket, Deer Hunter, Good Morning Vietnam, Platoon, Rambo, Apocalypse Now, Spartacus, Ben Hur, Seven, Ronin, Hanna, Alien, Blade Runner, Airplane, Mad Max, Toy Story, Die Hard, Raging Bull, Jungle Book, Trading Places
Covered a lot of what I mentioned mutters.

Muttley just had a thought you forgot "Dumbo" lol!

Mind I have watched "Ice age" 1, 2, & 3 so many times, piss myself laffin every time, Mrs PY thinks I am "sad" lol!

Love Ice Age !!!

Also, what was the kids spinoff series to Madagascar about the penguins? Genius.

The other 2 I forgot was The Big Lebowski and Coyote Ugly. Great films to watch with alcohol.

John Goodman - legend !!!

Must admit, I'm a bit partial to films about musicians

Rocket Man was good, loved the recent Elvis film and Bohemian Rhapsody before that. Jersey Boys another. Yesterday, great concept.

My favourite though is Ray from 2004. Jaime Foxx as Ray Charles. Wow.

Miles Ahead is another dark film I really enjoyed.

Anyone ever watched a film called The Soloist? Proper dark film about a troubled virtuoso cellist living on the streets and his relationship with a reporter. Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr. Superb.

Must admit, I'm a bit partial to films about musicians

Rocket Man was good, loved the recent Elvis film and Bohemian Rhapsody before that. Jersey Boys another. Yesterday, great concept.

My favourite though is Ray from 2004. Jaime Foxx as Ray Charles. Wow.

Miles Ahead is another dark film I really enjoyed.

Anyone ever watched a film called The Soloist? Proper dark film about a troubled virtuoso cellist living on the streets and his relationship with a reporter. Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr. Superb.
It's funny but I have had the DVD of Ray for a long time and still haven't watched it.

Talking of films about musicians....have you watched Shine with Geoffrey Rush playing David Helfgott?

It's funny but I have had the DVD of Ray for a long time and still haven't watched it.

Talking of films about musicians....have you watched Shine with Geoffrey Rush playing David Helfgott?

No, just watched the trailer though. Looks very good.

Another one of my favourite films, The Pianist.

It’s amazing how many films I haven’t seen !!!!
Out of all the above , I’ve seen Jungle Book , Rocket Man and Bohemian Rhapsody… which made me cry , so I won’t ever watch that again .,
And Seven and Pulp fiction .

So many great movies already mentioned. Here are, as they often say, some movies everyone should watch in their lifetime. They are all part of my DVD collection.

Heat, Geronimo, Mississippee Burning, A Time To Kill, A Love Song For Bobby Long (with Travolta and a young Johanasson), All The President's Men, Robin Hood (the Flynn version), Runaway Jury, Billy Jack, Blood Diamond, Cat Balou, Silver Linings Playbook, Stardust (hilarious), Cool Hand Luke, The Alamo, Dead Poets Society, The Blind Side, The Brave One, Drum Beat, Bucket List, El Cid, Exodus, Field Of Dreams, Freedom Writers, The Foreigner, The King's Speech, Gorky Park, The Power Of One, Hot Pursuit (funny), Thelma And Louise, Jeremiah Johnson, Kill Bill 1&2, Local Hero (quirky), Wild Rose, Wild Hogs, Man Of Fire, With Honours, Men Of Honour, Miss Sloane, Dark Zero Thirty, The Four Feathers.

So many great movies already mentioned. Here are, as they often say, some movies everyone should watch in their lifetime. They are all part of my DVD collection.

Heat, Geronimo, Mississippee Burning, A Time To Kill, A Love Song For Bobby Long (with Travolta and a young Johanasson), All The President's Men, Robin Hood (the Flynn version), Runaway Jury, Billy Jack, Blood Diamond, Cat Balou, Silver Linings Playbook, Stardust (hilarious), Cool Hand Luke, The Alamo, Dead Poets Society, The Blind Side, The Brave One, Drum Beat, Bucket List, El Cid, Exodus, Field Of Dreams, Freedom Writers, The Foreigner, The King's Speech, Gorky Park, The Power Of One, Hot Pursuit (funny), Thelma And Louise, Jeremiah Johnson, Kill Bill 1&2, Local Hero (quirky), Wild Rose, Wild Hogs, Man Of Fire, With Honours, Men Of Honour, Miss Sloane, Dark Zero Thirty, The Four Feathers.
:unsure: In that order ?
I can honestly say I have not seen one of those ,,,, I’ve seen about five minutes of Thelma and Louise , the last bit !

2 films that i consider to be bona fide classics are both modern takes on the wild west movies of old. I find it quite amusing really cos i've never been particularly fond of westerns, either old or new.

There Will Be Blood
No Country for Old Men

In any order, Walt. I watch movies because I don't like TV with all the commercials and crap programs (obviously, that's just my opinion).
I watch movies because I can't stand the overwhelming diet of reality TV that we are fed constantly now, much of which is responsible for the falling standards we are seeing in life.

I watch movies because I can't stand the overwhelming diet of reality TV that we are fed constantly now, much of which is responsible for the falling standards we are seeing in life.
So true TQ, Reality TV makes thicko's stars, what a world we live in, as you never ever watch the set up crap!

My thoughts entirely, TQ. The stupid thing is that they are not truly reality programs (whatever that means) ... they are orchestrated to suit TV.

I watched about half of The Warriors last night. Will finish it this evening.

Strange old film that a few older Spurs mates convinced me I should watch.

Anyone seen it?