The MOVIE thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The MOVIE thread

Oh my god! how can anyone say they haven't seen the "The Warriors" jeez I was obsessed wiv it, back in the day, watch it occasionally now, drugs, violence, street gang warfare.
Think next you will have the audacity to say you haven't seen "Clockwork Orange" loved this also, maybe its the old Street Skin Head in me, as in "Tottenham Boot Boys" even when in the Military, ah those were the days lol!

Anyone seen "Deliverance" with the tune "Dueling Banjo's, "squeal like a pig" he said lol!

A TV drama called 'Warriors', which was about the war in Bosnia and the troops sent in as a peacekeeping force, was excellent. Don't know if it would still be available. It kickstarted the careers of the likes of Matthew Macfadyen, Damien Lewis and Ioan Gruffudd.

A TV drama called 'Warriors', which was about the war in Bosnia and the troops sent in as a peacekeeping force, was excellent. Don't know if it would still be available. It kickstarted the careers of the likes of Matthew Macfadyen, Damien Lewis and Ioan Gruffudd.
Seen that, but turns out we was talking of two different things, me "Warriors" the 1970's film.

Seen that, but turns out we was talking of two different things, me "Warriors" the 1970's film.
Yes PY I knew you were talking about the film, I just wanted to mention the TV drama which was very good, a hard watch at times knowing it was based on real events. I've checked out iPlayer to see if it's still available but doesn't appear so.

Yes PY I knew you were talking about the film, I just wanted to mention the TV drama which was very good, a hard watch at times knowing it was based on real events. I've checked out iPlayer to see if it's still available but doesn't appear so.
Am going to look for the films Warriors and Clockwork Orange for Mrs PY, it seems she hasn't seen either, in for a treat, not, if I can find them.

Am going to look for the films Warriors and Clockwork Orange for Mrs PY, it seems she hasn't seen either, in for a treat, not, if I can find them.

Here's another one for you of the same theme - Brimstone and Treacle.

It had Sting in it. Do you remember it?

It's always worth watching Scum as well. Who's the daddy?

Here's another one for you of the same theme - Brimstone and Treacle.

It had Sting in it. Do you remember it?

It's always worth watching Scum as well. Who's the daddy?
Yes have seen that a little while ago! wait a mo! I might have wires crossed here, mine was a TV/Netflix series, will have a look for the one starring Sting.
Saw him in Quadrophenia, the mods, Sting being the hotel button boy with the great scooter, loads of future stars in it, must say some excellent acting, my oppo who is still basically a mod loves it, memories eh!

Haha have seen Scum, loved it, and yes "am the Daddy" great British actors.

Found Warriors and Clockwork Orange, both on Amazon Prime, Mrs PY is in for a treat tonight, not! lol!

What about Horror Films and their Villans, take you pick from below...

Freddie Kruegar
Hannibal Lecture
Norman Bates
Candyman
Chucky
Jason Voorchees
Ghost Face
Candyman

Just to name 8 of em!
There are very many more lol!

What about Horror Films and their Villans, take you pick from below...

Freddie Kruegar
Hannibal Lecture
Norman Bates
Candyman
Chucky
Jason Voorchees
Ghost Face
Candyman

Just to name 8 of em!
There are very many more lol!

Not too keen on most SciFi or Fantasy films. I don't mind a really well done horror film but most of them are too comical to take seriously. Silence Of The Lambs and the Exorcist are two horror films that really work.

Anyways folks, last night Mrs PY watched the 2 films I got for that she hadn't watched before...

A Clockwork Orange....her response "what the fcuk was that all about?" mind she also said "bloody hell some future stars in that!"
Me! I just looked at her and smiled, saying compare to today's yoof and attitudes to wards the oldies! Stanley Kubrick was way ahead of himself a bit like George Orwell n 1984.

Warriors....her response "I loved it was waiting for the bit of 3 bottles rattling and Warriors come out the playyahyah"

Geoff you are so right regards Horror type films, don't make a wrong turn or go to Summer camp lol!

I do a "Fright night" for Mrs PY cos she takes it all in, whilst am smiling, but the main thing is that she Crotchets baby blankets at a speed of knots never witnessed before lol!