The Morgan Sanson Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

The Morgan Sanson Thread

I don't think Gerrard is the type to force players into unnatural positions just to fit someone in who has an average game the game before either so why would he drop Ings, Watkins or Buendia to fit in Sanson?

He’s probably going to have to wait for an injury or a “resting” particularly with the arrival of Phil. He’s very similar to what we’ve already got and obviously not looking better than the others in training.

I hope he does well when his chances come along. I've not written him off and certainly don't dislike him.

I just think he's one of these who's become a better player in people's minds from not playing.

He's not done enough to earn a starting spot yet. He needs to grab any chances he gets and force his way in.

He looked great in his last appearance so it's surprising he had no minutes last night, especially as the midfield visibly tired around the 75 minutes mark.

Big chance for Morgan if he comes in for McGinn on Saturday. I've been impressed with him lately. Hopefully another good performance and then we'll him challenging the likes of Dougie and McGinn on a regular basis. Isn't as sloppy with his passing as McGinn and doesn't make stupid fouls like Dougie.

Big chance for Morgan if he comes in for McGinn on Saturday. I've been impressed with him lately. Hopefully another good performance and then we'll him challenging the likes of Dougie and McGinn on a regular basis. Isn't as sloppy with his passing as McGinn and doesn't make stupid fouls like Dougie.
I think Courtinho will be coming in to fill McGinn's boots

I think it'll be one of Ings or Ollie. Personally I'd have Ollie up top doing the Donkey work for Coutinho.
One of the many great things about having Coutinho is it hopefully means we went see Watkins and Ings together. I'm a big fan of them both, just cannot be played at the same time

I don’t agree actually he’s become a better player not playing - which is a syndrome of this forum, and no doubt I’ve been guilty of that myself.

From the snippets we’ve sent of him live, he does impress in the flesh. He looked decent to me when he played sporadically at times during lockdown over the box, I liken him to Veretout in terms of ability and where he likes to play from what I’ve seen. I had no expectation or knowledge of him when he signed to he had to start from scratch with me.

I’m fed up of his constant injuries though and I wonder if he’s a bit unsettled because going back to France at every opportunity from his social media to see Mickey Mouse seems a tad overkill to me. But there is definitely a player in there, that’s almost undisputed now - which hasn’t always been the case, a fair few had written him off a year ago.

Isn't as sloppy with his passing as McGinn and doesn't make stupid fouls like Dougie.

You've figured that out based on 340 minutes of cameos?

For me he's still a completely unknown quantity.

He's done nothing to suggest he should oust Mcginn (who's probably been our player of the season so far), or Dougie who is definitely hit & miss but I've seen more quality from than I've seen from Sanson so far.

I hope Sanson takes his chance if he gets it on Saturday.

He's done nothing to suggest he should oust Mcginn (who's probably been our player of the season so far), or Dougie who is definitely hit & miss but I've seen more quality from than I've seen from Sanson so far.

Well in those 340 minutes I haven't seen 1 sloppy pass or 1 stupid foul, so yeah

took his chance against Chelsea but then dropped anyway.
Will be dropped again when McGinn is available
- may as well try to sell him tbh

Spot on - another purchase that our medical team need to look at - could be another crock. Will he show up on Saturday or will it be another Traore/Trezeguet etc etc etc - these players have got to show up now or they will be shipped out - Gerrard has got their number alright

Gerrard admires both JJ and SJM - Luiz now the only 'holding cdm' at the club. Just unfortunate, but there isn't yet a place in the team for Sanson.

IMO it is JJ and Sanson competing for a spot.

Can't imagine Sanson will wanna wait around too much longer though.

Who knows who is and isn't affected by COVID or other illnesses at the moment, or what they have or haven't done in training.

Sanson's time will come. He's made some very promising appearances, but Ramsey and McGinn have caused teams some real problems of late as well.