The Mile Jedinak Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Mile Jedinak Thread

This is the risk you take in signing international players from outside of Europe. In fairness to Bruce he signed proper back up in Whelan who has more than filled a Jedinak shaped hole

sirdennis - 3/12/2017 08:45

Good. If he is fit for their next game in March it means he will have played for us before then.

Your right. Be the last 10 mins of a game before he jets out across the world :19: .

I do agree with you Sir Den and others about him having a great spell for us when fit and doesn’t seem to be a player here just for the money.

Maybe should have signed once he had retired from international duty. I dearly hope he gets fit to show by playing for Villa he is ready for the World Cup. I doubt it though.

tarzansbrother - 3/12/2017 08:33

Every time the Australia World Cup games have come around this guy finds fitness, simple as.

Think you’re missing some FACTS here. He was out with a groin, came back and was eased back into things for 4/5 games and played a sizeable chunk of the derby. Then he went away, came back fit and injured his SHOULDER on his return to the starting line up, after playing at QPR (with no reoccurrence of his groin).
He did miss Australia games earlier in the year when he had his groin injury also (did NOT find fitness for those!)

I think it’s ludicrously disrespectful to the man to suggest anything other than bad luck.

gmvillan - 3/12/2017 09:10

tarzansbrother - 3/12/2017 08:33

Every time the Australia World Cup games have come around this guy finds fitness, simple as.

Think you’re missing some FACTS here. He was out with a groin, came back and was eased back into things for 4/5 games and played a sizeable chunk of the derby. Then he went away, came back fit and injured his SHOULDER on his return to the starting line up, after playing at QPR (with no reoccurrence of his groin).
He did miss Australia games earlier in the year when he had his groin injury also (did NOT find fitness for those!)

I think it’s ludicrously disrespectful to the man to suggest anything other than bad luck.

Thanks for the capitals. Let’s see how his season pans out.

Jedinak will be busting a gut to get fit for the run in for the Championship for us as it will more or less guarantee him a place for Australia in the WC in Russia.

When he plays in the right position for us, he is a real asset.

On the OS:

"There's a lot of unity here, and not just among the playing squad. The fans are really buying into this team and there's a real mentality here now that we're one big family – from players and coaches to staff and supporters."

:1: :1: :1:

:94: :94: :94:

He obviously doesn't read the Vital forums though :3:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/02/27/mile-jedinak-on-promotion-hopes-and-next-generation

Can't help thinking jedinak would look quicker if he chopped off that pile of Axminster from under his chin.

Midfielder Mile Jedinak was back in the classroom this week for the first time in 15 years, and one part of his speech took my fancy.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524449">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Apparently, Jedi has called time on his international days in order to prolong his club career.

“After much deliberation I have made the decision to retire from playing international football,” Jedinak said.

“As a young boy growing up it was my dream to play for Australia and to pull on the famous green and gold shirt to represent my country. To have been given the opportunity to not only fulfil that dream, but to have done it 79 times, and many of which as captain, makes me incredibly proud and thankful.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...n-mile-jedinak-announces-immediate-retirement

On the OS:

"There's a lot of care in the community here, and not just among the playing squad. The fans are really buying into this team and there a real mentaliist here now, we're one big disfunctional family – from players and coaches to staff and supporters."

There you go, I've fixed that for you.

I think he is good at what he does by playing in front of the defence breaking up play and dealing with high balls etc.

Of course, we all know what he isn't good at except of course Steve Bruce:rolleyes:

He should have retired 2 or 3 years ago if he wanted to extend his club career. His legs are gone and looks half the player for us that he did at Palace.
If we ever get out of this league there’s no way he’ll cut it in the Premier league.

Feel quite sorry for him because he's getting caught out with his lack of pace and I noticed against Sheff Wed that parts of the crowd were getting on to him.Which I do think is a little unfair has he's playing in a position that is far too demanding for him.

He's actually playing better than Chester but we're not supposed to notice that as it's easier to blame Jedinak for everything