The Mile Jedinak Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Mile Jedinak Thread

Said this in another thread, but I think he could be a good addition in the short term, given our current weaknesses. At the very least, he'll win his fair share in the air and protect the back-four properly. So many goals conceded because of losing it in central areas and balls played into there from wide areas....

Strange isn't it we have shipped goals for fun and our best defensive midfielder is back and people slag him off.

Yes, it's no coincidence that he got an injury and ever since we have been shipping goals for fun. Performances have dipped due in no small part to JG being out, but Jedinak is a way better defensive midfielder than Whelan and Bjarnason put together.

Ugh, there's a thought! How slow would that player be? :lol:

Let's not reinvent him as a centre-half, but he was rarely as bad as the scapegoat he was made - just with Chester the lack of pace was astounding as we now see, especially with Chester not at 100%.

CDM leaving McGinn to push up would be a strength as whilst Barney has willing, Jedinak plays with a better brain than him, Hourihane and Whelan for me.

Let's not reinvent him as a centre-half, but he was rarely as bad as the scapegoat he was made - just with Chester the lack of pace was astounding as we now see, especially with Chester not at 100%.

CDM leaving McGinn to push up would be a strength as whilst Barney has willing, Jedinak plays with a better brain than him, Hourihane and Whelan for me.

I wasn't suggesting he was any good as a CB - he was gash. But as a protector in front of the defence, he's the best we have got bar none.

No, was talking generally JPA. He wasn't a great success there for me, but equally not as bad as some claimed.

Sitting 10 yards ahead of Chester, Elphick allowing a bit of a double up/or challenging first header leaving two to clean up, it would be far more successful for me, I agree.

Used to love him heading everything to protect the defence , awesome to watch , seems to have just melted away now maybe due to being played in cb or constant niggling injuries , I wish the bloke well but unfortunately his future is elsewhere I think ,

We got the best of God when pace wasn't his friend. In the right position we'll get the best of the Australian Beard even though pace isn't a friend.

Centre-half (unless emergency) and right wing aren't the best positions.

We got the best of God when pace wasn't his friend. In the right position we'll get the best of the Australian Beard even though pace isn't a friend.

Centre-half (unless emergency) and right wing aren't the best positions.

Exactly, God could read the game a week in advance.

Jedinak doesn't need pace played as a defensive midfielder (or DCM, but hate that description - computer game bullshit) as he has enough experience and ability to know what he's doing.

Spot on. Let him sit off knowing he has pace behind him, but can read ahead of him and challenge for first duels on his terms. From what I know that's how Palace used him and he left a modern day legend their fans hated letting go.