The Mighty Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Mighty Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread

Someone on here suggested £30m for the group stage, but here's a breakdown of prize money:

Performance-based prize money (55% of total)​

StagePrize Money
Winner€20m (£17.1m/$21.6m)
Runner-up€15.5m
Semifinalists€12.5m
Quarterfinalists€10.6m
Round of 16€9.6m
Group-stage wins€2.8m
Group-stage draws€930k
Reaching group stage€15.64m (£13.37m/$16.89m)

So we can expect around £80m for winning it + all the additional shirt sales and sponsorships.

So you have prize money, TV revenue, increased ticket sales and match day purchases and presumably a bump in merchandise sales as you'd think we'd sell more shirts etc.

In my opinion no one really has a detailed grasp of the facts of anything related to our income and future income. It's great to discuss these things but some people are acting like we're about to be early 00's Leeds.

So we can expect around £80m for winning it + all the additional shirt sales and sponsorships.
Yeah, it's worth winning :ROFLMAO: but the income will be posted in the year after next years accounts. Next years accounts will only show the 15m Euros for winning the Conference, plus the additional £20m prize money from the PL for finishing 7th :utv: :utv: :utv: :utv:

I thought this was the Spurs thread, which is why it's best not to start match threads until they are much nearer to the game, ie at least until after the Ajax game they tend to develop into general football threads of which we have a couple.
BB I'm looking at you :innocent:

So you have prize money, TV revenue, increased ticket sales and match day purchases and presumably a bump in merchandise sales as you'd think we'd sell more shirts etc.

In my opinion no one really has a detailed grasp of the facts of anything related to our income and future income. It's great to discuss these things but some people are acting like we're about to be early 00's Leeds.
Bigger Villa Park asap.

They'll all keep getting bigger until we can't mathematically be caught. 18 cup finals (including Conference thingy) :thumbup:
Depends on the first leg of any future European games, win the first leg 4-0 and even we can't throw it away

Hopefully, the lads have come through last night's game unscathed. Unai will be working on his next plan of how to outdo the media darling, Ange and get us the 3 points which would take us 8 points clear of Spurs with 10 games left. A big psychological blow to the Spurs if we can do it.

This is massive. Win this and we've taken a huuuuuge step towards cementing a top 4 place. Lose and Spurs are right on our tail.

I wouldn't say it's a must win but I would suggest it's a must not lose.

Hopefully, the lads have come through last night's game unscathed. Unai will be working on his next plan of how to outdo the media darling, Ange and get us the 3 points which would take us 8 points clear of Spurs with 10 games left. A big psychological blow to the Spurs if we can do it.
Can't help but think last night was a masterclass in how to manage all these games. I doubt we played not to score but hell for leather we did not go.

Definitely a must not lose. First goal could be very key, an early one for us would be ideal.

Edit: Of course it's possible to lose to Spurs and still get 4th, but psychologically it would be massive for them to beat us at home.

I think they will be expecting us to come at them, which may or may not play into their hands. I wonder whether we see a Brighton-game type approach which they might not expect. Fascinatingly poised isn't it.