The Michael Beale Thread | Vital Football

The Michael Beale Thread

Platypus

Vital Football Hero
Or possibly "The very short-lived Michael Beale thread".

Apparently he's top of QPR's wanted list for their new manager, according to John Percy in the Telegraph.

Do they not know he's responsible for all our defeats and yet had no part in our wins?

Last edited:
The slightly worrying thing for me is listening to all the Rangers fans talk about what an important part of Gerrard's team he is. Who would we replace him with?

It feels like one of the lesser known annoying things about supporting the Villa is that, whenever we appoint a manager, they very rarely get the opportunity to bring their first-choice staff with them, and even when they do, it never seems to last very long!

I understand that he is a tactical genius and the brains behind the operation and yet we have been terrible tactically under Gerrard after the first 3 games. Did Gerrard stop listening to Beale or is Beale the dumbest tactical genius ever?

I understand that he is a tactical genius and the brains behind the operation and yet we have been terrible tactically under Gerrard after the first 3 games. Did Gerrard stop listening to Beale or is Beale the dumbest tactical genius ever?
This is why I'm not sure this is the worst thing in the world. Maybe we can get a more competent person in. Beale is only here because he's Gerrard's boy.

This is why I'm not sure this is the worst thing in the world. Maybe we can get a more competent person in. Beale is only here because he's Gerrard's boy.
I can't disagree with any of that especially when most of our players rather than progressing seemed to fall away in standards. There were plenty of times when I thought are our players being coached at all.

Sure I read via the brum mail a few days ago that Michael Beale would be staying....imagine my shock to see John Percy suggest this morning that he's about to be appointed by QPR....those at the Mail know less than we do!

Makes total sense to be honest, if he wants to be a football manager then this is a decent first start.

I can't imagine he will be all that hard to replace. He's supposed to be the tactical brains behind the operation but the tactics left quite a bit to be desired at times.

So who will replace the outgoing Beale? I read he was on £600k a year, be an interesting appointment for sure and they will be paid handsomely like most in football now

This could work out well. Beale leaves. Gerrard signs loads of superstars. Gerrard gets exposed for being out of his depth. We bring in a proper manager and win the league with all of the superstars!

This could work out well. Beale leaves. Gerrard signs loads of superstars. Gerrard gets exposed for being out of his depth. We bring in a proper manager and win the league with all of the superstars!
Not a Gerrard fan then - love the all embracing term ‘proper’ - like a ‘proper’ player etc etc. Gerrard will be tested losing a coach who he rates highly - I hope and believe he will step up and also finds a decent coach who wants to be at villa and who wouldn’t want to coach the squad Gerrard is assembling at our very decent facilities.

and who wouldn’t want to coach the squad Gerrard is assembling at our very decent facilities.

Micky B ? (if he takes the qpr job obv)

maybe the head coach will do the 'coaching' now or maybe one isn't needed at all as we're buying readymade. Still could be a chance to bring in a fresh face from the pool.