The Matt Targett Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Matt Targett Thread

He was torn a new one by Wilian on Wednesday. I thought it was because Wilian was so good.
After today's latest shocker from Targett I'm not so sure.

Awful again I'm afraid.

I don’t know if I rate Targett or not.

What I do know is the Fulham fan I spoke to just after we signed him was spot on.

There was a moment in the first half today where he didn’t even attempt to go for the ball, just jogged over to the Leicester with the ball. He was also signalling to the bench at one point in the second half to say he was injured and wanted to come off, don’t think he wanted to be out there today guessing he was hurt by the hail. He’s alright going forward but defensively I’d prefer to see Taylor as he can actually defend to some degree.

I suggest you watch a re-run of Burnleys second goal against us at home if you think Targett is a bottle job and want Taylor back

Sorry Taylor is awful.

Tbh out the two I dunno who I’d rather pick, neither are particularly great but Targett probably suits what Smith is trying to do most. He’s not necessarily a bottle job but weak/lightweight.

There are a few on here I wouldn't want in the trenches with me. One bad loss and they can't slag off their own team hard enough.

At least I would have more fight and less excuses than some on here.
Don’t worry it will all be good soon we just need more time blah blah.

There are a few on here I wouldn't want in the trenches with me. One bad loss and they can't slag off their own team hard enough.

If you constantly see the negative and expect the worst then you're more likely to be proved right over time, and protect yourself from disappointment.

Having been involved in elite competitive competition and then later coaching too, I can say from experience you have to get these people as far away from you as possible otherwise their persistent negativity will drag you down.

Optimism and pushing for better performances in a positive way is more difficult, especially when things don't go your way, but its the most likely approach to work. That's partly why sports psychology is employed so widely now, to stay positive and keep thoughts away from destructive negativity.