The Matt Targett Thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

The Matt Targett Thread

Targett hath spoken about NUFC thus:

“It’s probably the best dressing room I’ve been in, in terms of players making you feel welcome, in terms of how many players are leaders in that dressing room.

“It’s a great bunch of lads.”

I'm pleased for him ...

“It’s probably the best dressing room I’ve been in, in terms of players making you feel welcome, in terms of how many players are leaders in that dressing room.

I'm pleased for him ...
Sounds like he just didn't quite fit at Villa. Got nothing against him and wish him luck in the future, we got £15m for him and two and a half seasons on the pitch. Personally think he was the right player for the time, just promoted, couldn't spend too much on a left back and he did alright. Got our money back (which is uncommon for Villa in recent times) so all's good.

I'm pleased for him ...

I know he was big mates with Grealish, the 2 of them plus Mcginn would apparently go out every Thursday for a meal if I remember correctly. I can't see our dressing room being a particularly harsh environment to be honest. Whatever else you might say about our squad they all seem like a nice bunch of lads. Probably too nice in many cases.

Newcastle went on a totally unforeseen and unprecedented winning streak for a team in their position. I expect the dressing room was pretty good craic.

I'm pleased for him ...

He's probably right about that last bit, who are ours? Mings and McGinn, Emi1? Thats about it probably

Sad to hear Matt booed by a few yesterday

I think for me it’s one of them where I wouldn’t boo him nor applaud him. Wasn’t fussed he left, it seems we offloaded at the right time given his plantar fasciitis problems. Was quite surprised to hear a few boos myself, just let him get on with it.

A bit of a middling player, too average and unremarkable to boo in my opinion. Heard a few around me say he'd apparently been a bit disrespectful towards us in some interviews as an explanation. Most likely the tried and tested "great to finally join a big club rubbish"

A bit of a middling player, too average and unremarkable to boo in my opinion. Heard a few around me say he'd apparently been a bit disrespectful towards us in some interviews as an explanation. Most likely the tried and tested "great to finally join a big club rubbish"

It’s daft because what else is he meant to say, he’s probably told what to say to some degree anyway to endear himself to his new fans. If he came back to Villa he’d say something like he never wanted to leave in the first place, it’s great to be back etc.