The Marvelous Nakamba Thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

The Marvelous Nakamba Thread

Why did he just trot backwards away from Rice for their second goal rather than racing out to get in his face? Nakamba does great work until he doesn't. The Zat Knight of defensive midfield.
I think you mean the Tyrone Mings , I'd take Zat over him anytime. I think that's the problem people think Mings is actually better than Zat, I'd say there isn't much in it and how either got to play for England is beyond me. Zat was around when we had a much better team

What doesn't make sense is he seems able to land 50-yard cross-field switches but cant make 5 yard passes with any regularity.
It's interesting. He's hitting spaces from long range whereas the short pass in a very tight space is different skill and requires more intelligence.

Can't imagine how livid you must have been considering he is still rolling and you haven't seen him.

I was just fuming the ref had stopped the game and given us a free-kick when we were on a breakaway. I watched the highlights and the Camera stays on the two players but misses the fact Anwar is away one on one. Anwar got the ball smack bang in front of me so I'd taken my eye of the tackle as it had gone then the twat blew his whistle.
I'm actually shocked I seem to be the only one that was pissed off with the ref as most seem to be more into slagging off our player for getting fouled

My boy picked up the POTM award for November, well deserved and nice to see SG giving him props yesterday too.

My boy picked up the POTM award for November, well deserved and nice to see SG giving him props yesterday too.
Deserved it too. I'm not a huge fan of Nakamba but he's been playing well and looks more confident under Gerrard. Smith never seemed to trust him so it will be interesting to see if Gerrard keeps him in the side once / if Luiz and Sanson are fully fit

Deserved it too. I'm not a huge fan of Nakamba but he's been playing well and looks more confident under Gerrard. Smith never seemed to trust him so it will be interesting to see if Gerrard keeps him in the side once / if Luiz and Sanson are fully fit
I was puzzled by Smith not rating him. Think Gerrard is more likely to go by what a player will bring to the team.

Always rated him and whereas Deano wanted a ball player as his DM Gerrard obviously likes a more destructive player. Just a question of preference I suppose but it obviously suits Marvellous the Gerrard is now manager.

He is getting better with each passing game.

Last edited: