The Marvelous Nakamba Thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

The Marvelous Nakamba Thread

Had a good game . But the rolling was embarrassing. He is a lower mid table midfielder at best ( so fits in to us lol). But seriously , he would look great with better players around him but as the main man in midfield as he was required to be today , not a chance is he good enough.

It was a poor foul, but rolling halfway across the pitch was hilarious. Even the Spaniards would blush at that.

That was frankly embarrassing and the fact it seemed like it took him 20 seconds to decide to do it made it even worse. If he was trying to buy the red (he didn't need to) he absolutely ensured it was only a yellow with that twat because of the over acting.

That was frankly embarrassing and the fact it seemed like it took him 20 seconds to decide to do it made it even worse. If he was trying to buy the red (he didn't need to) he absolutely ensured it was only a yellow with that twat because of the over acting.

Yeah, might have been a Red if hadn’t over acted so much.

Had a good game . But the rolling was embarrassing. He is a lower mid table midfielder at best ( so fits in to us lol). But seriously , he would look great with better players around him but as the main man in midfield as he was required to be today , not a chance is he good enough.

He'd be grand in there as CDM except whoever plays there see's the most of the ball and they need to have a great range of passing. Marv passes pretty well but we rarely see him make 40 yard passes and to be fair most of his other passes are just ball retention. When he crosses the halfway line he stops being useful.

I don't know if its by design or by default but that position seems to necessitate a lad like Luiz who can spray passes but he obviously drops our defensive prowess a few points.

IMO our strongest and most balanced MF includes Doug and Marv with either Sanson, McGinn or Ramsey occupying the other slot.

He actually looked better once we went down to 10. Reminded me of Gana charging around in the midfield. There'll always be place for a player like him as he's a pure defensive midfielder but he shouldn't be starting over Doug.

One thing Nakamba doesn't lack is heart and desire. If he could sort out his passing or we could blend him with Dougie,like in the Fly, we'd have that combative midfielder we crave. If only a few more of our players yesterday showed his commitment it might of been a different story. Some of his tackles were my personal highlights of the game, we just won't mention his theatrical rolls.

Why did he just trot backwards away from Rice for their second goal rather than racing out to get in his face? Nakamba does great work until he doesn't. The Zat Knight of defensive midfield.

I dont see why we cannot play a 4141 with Marv as the 1 in front of the defence. I dont want him spraying 40 yard passes.

I want him to tackle win the ball and pass it to one of the 4 in front to do something with it. For me Luiz would be one of the 2 central midfielders in front of him. With whoever is most in form next to him out of McGinn, Sanson or Ramsey?

Thought he was poor 1st half like a few of them, but when we went down to 10 men he suddenly improved and started winning the ball back.

Yep, that’s what I saw. We did play well with ten, but were always going to run out of puff and it’s no good playing when the game is as good as gone.

Embarrassing play acting today. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I am falling out of love with football because of pathetic shite like that.

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite so pathetic.

its a numbness of a feeling ,as if the brain is cut off, i suppose at the moment, its a good thing,,,seanie

Last edited by a moderator: