The long road back 1999-2022; Your memories of 23 years in the football league | Page 12 | Vital Football

The long road back 1999-2022; Your memories of 23 years in the football league

Sir Steve Cooper
Sir Tom Jones
Howard marks
Richard burton
James dean bradfield
Joe calzaghe
Enzo calzaghe
Gareth bale
Brennan Johnson
Jonathan Pryce
Johnny Owen ( god how could you miss him out ?)
Michael sheen
Timothy Dalton
John cale
Stanley baker
And Emlyn Hughes - gotta love emlyn.

You must be fucking Welsh lol to be able to think of/ remember all those Welshmen.

VAR seemed to take forever but John Moss had already booked Toffolo for diving so it was harder for the VAR person to overturn his decision.

Colback crossed himself when it wasn't given.

You could argue it either way, but I'd certainly give Toffolo full marks for the swan dive, remember all the pens we didn't get, and move on.
Having looked at it a few times now thats No penalty. The second one I think again havin* looked at it quite a few times we couldn’t have a complaint though it was minimal contact

Having looked at it a few times now thats No penalty. The second one I think again havin* looked at it quite a few times we couldn’t have a complaint though it was minimal contact
I'd have been furious if we had gone on to lose promotion because of the first one. Regardless of whether there was any slight contact, it was a dive and the referee got it right

The darkest days, beyond League One, would have to be Fawaz' arrival and tenure at the CG. Signing Abdoun and Djebbour, not paying wages on time, and fans turning against one another because the dissenters (who left to set up another forum) thought he was a trillionaire and cousin to Man City's owners, and everybody else knew he was getting family handouts and couldn't run a football club.

My best days were the time we got to the playoffs around 2010 with what was a very average side.... Then lost to Blackpool.

The darkest days, beyond League One, would have to be Fawaz' arrival and tenure at the CG. Signing Abdoun and Djebbour, not paying wages on time, and fans turning against one another because the dissenters (who left to set up another forum) thought he was a trillionaire and cousin to Man City's owners, and everybody else knew he was getting family handouts and couldn't run a football club.

My best days were the time we got to the playoffs around 2010 with what was a very average side.... Then lost to Blackpool.

Blimey, puts it into perspective. Blackpool, the north western version of milwall is another humiliating memory i have blocked.

So chuffed that younger fans can now completely forget the last 23 years and start their football memories afresh.