The long road back 1999-2022; Your memories of 23 years in the football league | Page 11 | Vital Football

The long road back 1999-2022; Your memories of 23 years in the football league

I wasn’t going to post on this Fred (pmsl) again because it’s way too traumatic for me and I’m trying to move on BUT!
Platt claiming Forest owed him 50k performance bonus because they were in a better place when he left FFS!
Ian Breckin giving the Trent End the wankers sign. ****!!!
Schteeve on the pitch on live TV briefing the team with his “technical board” before extra time against Notts County in the league cup. Embarrassing!!!
That’s it I’m out of here

Ah. David Platt. A man with a face that even his own mother could probably never get tired of punching.

This is probably the first time since the TAP that we've had something that resembles a scouting system. I think ww will only see how good it is this summer. I don't give it any credit thus far.

INGY. Step to it lad. Open the 'TLAs that make one shudder' spreadsheet dear boy. I've got a live one for ya.

Got to include Forest fan James Dean Bradfield

There's Gruff Rhys (SFA)
John Frost (the Chartist)
Bill Frost (Built and flew the first aeroplane)
John fcuking Cale (Who's cooler than John Cale? That's right. Nobody)
Ken Owens (Yes. Ken Owens)
Sir Anthony Hopkins
Brennan Johnson

Perch scoring to make it 5-0 v QPR, pretty much joint top with Newcastle under BD Mk1 before the away form fell off a cliff.

I was absolutely bladdered at this match and remember screaming "You've come along way for f*ck all, Long way for fuck all!".

Honestly throught we would crack on and overtake Newcastle and Brom after this.

Totally forgot about this goal too from our first season down in the second tier, although to be fair it was a while ago. Carlos Merino cross to Thierry Bonalair with a cracking finish.

Last edited:
I was absolutely bladdered at this match and remember screaming "You've come along way for f*ck all, Long way for fuck all!".

Honestly throught we would crack on and overtake Newcastle and Brom after this.

Totally forgot about this goal too from our first season down in the second tier, although to be fair it was a while ago. Carlos Marino cross to Thierry Bonalair with a cracking finish.

Merino was a wonderful player.

There's Gruff Rhys (SFA)
Sir Anthony Hopkins
Brennan Johnson

Sir antony, brennan and john frost all make it. It took a while but they do have 5 genuine cool cats. 6 would have been a push...

got relegated, moved to spain, been in champ ever since.
In many ways it seems like ive been here only a few years so the 23 years have flown by I guess but looking back ive been up mountains and down valleys, off-grid, dial up internet etc etc and always mnaged to get a commentary on a saturday afternoon :)

There's Gruff Rhys (SFA)
Sir Anthony Hopkins
Brennan Johnson

Fuck. Forgot about Hopkins!