The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

I think he's going to be one - if he can prove his fitness - that's Heskey like in many ways but using his strength far better even if the goal output remains a frustration.

He's just got to prove he can do 30 odd games a year without an issue. But time is on his side.

I think Keinan needs to be put on a special training regime, maybe Yoga based.
His injuries always seem to come from when he's "tightened" up during a game, Yoga based training would definitely help if I'm right.
Mind you I think some Yoga based training would help everyone, on top of the training they do anyway.

Loan him Deano - Loan him next year. Sign us another Forward and loan the boy out! Noit this season but definitely next. Get him and Vassilev out!

His injuries always seem to come from when he's "tightened" up during a game, Yoga based training would definitely help if I'm right.
Mind you I think some Yoga based training would help everyone, on top of the training they do anyway.
How about a training regime like Paul "God" McGrath? Stand around at Bodymoor all week, go out for a bevvy every night and turn up on Saturday and make the opposition look like a parks team 😂😉

I just can't help wonder how good this lad would be with 21 uninterrupted games under his belt.
Wesley had that run and despite rumblings on here and social media it has never spilt into the stands at VP he has had 100% backing from fans and manager.
If Davis played and got that backing, to me he is everything Wesley should be but isn't and the lad hasn't even played a full game in the PL .

I just can't help wonder how good this lad would be with 21 uninterrupted games under his belt.
Wesley had that run and despite rumblings on here and social media it has never spilt into the stands at VP he has had 100% backing from fans and manager.
If Davis played and got that backing, to me he is everything Wesley should be but isn't and the lad hasn't even played a full game in the PL .

There's always been a few sitting near me giving Wesley bucket loads of abuse, quite a lot of the time even when it hasn't been his fault. I'd think Davis would get more slack as he has come through our system.
I like Keinan but I genuinely dont think his body is capable of playing 21 consecutive games either.

Well, we've only got one other striker, so I can see 21 uninterrupted substitute appearances as a possibility!

There's always been a few sitting near me giving Wesley bucket loads of abuse, quite a lot of the time even when it hasn't been his fault. I'd think Davis would get more slack as he has come through our system.
I like Keinan but I genuinely dont think his body is capable of playing 21 consecutive games either.

What I meant was it hasn't transmitted to the groans you get when the crowd has turned.
I don't actually think Davis would get any slack as there a quite a lot of people already made their minds up about him and a couple of games without him scoring and He and Smith would be getting stick.
I think Wesley has had an easy ride because of the fee and people thinking it means he must be better than we've seen and Deano keep playing him.

For some reason read this whole thing as Yoda based, and imagined a Keinan as Luke Skywalker in Empire scenario. Score goals you can. In good positions you must be.

Giggs was a perfect illustration of that, spot on 58

Forgot Davis is only 21. If he can stay fit, he still has time to push on in his career with us, having said that, same ish age as Tammy (22) so...!

Forgot Davis is only 21. If he can stay fit, he still has time to push on in his career with us, having said that, same ish age as Tammy (22) so...!

Comparisons between Keinan and Tammy are a little unfair as they are not only completely different types of player but, they are built completely differently.
Tammy for example is long and loose limbed, while Keinan is bulky, which probably explains why he gets injured as much.
Keinan is probably carrying a bit too much bulk for his underlying frame as yet, which is why I suggested in an earlier post, that he should use yoga to help alleviate possible injuries.

Disagree on that 58, a striker is there to score, body types make them different sorts yes, of course, totally. But goals are the main measure.

Agree with that and the potential benefits for all players in improving strength particularly at full muscle extension, improving stabiliser muscles and balance, as well as flexibility.

Im not sure I see Keinan tighten up, I see it as lacking full match fitness and then getting injured when fatigued when you’re more prone to.

I very much doubt Keinan has managed to build up that broad base of stamina required, to be able to easily clock 10k in a game including sprints, what with his persistent injuries interrupting his fitness training as well as game time .