The Jonathan Kodjia Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Jonathan Kodjia Thread

Sorry, but this thread is SHIT.

Now then, Shit used properly is useful stuff, as in fertiliser. It doesn't deserve this association.

Kodjia didn't just score a cracking goal at a critical moment in the game, he worked his socks off and gave Blues a load of problems. He's been working his socks off since he came back, even if he's not been scoring many goals. Dean obviously appreciates what he brings to the team. A lot. Period.

An interesting observation Mr...erm...Donkey???? would you care to elaborate?
Regards,
G.T.

Certainly.

I cannot see any possible reason why two and a quarter seasons into his stay at villa park there is a reason to compare kodjia with Gabby.

Gabby was with us 12 years. Kodjia has had one full season . The first season was brilliant from him. He is then injured for a full season pretty much. He comes back and as he hasn't immediately recaptured his form, he is Gabby ?. Sorry . In the real world serious injuries such as kodjia take time. It wasn't a minor knock. In truth in the not too distant past his career would have been over. Hate this want it here want it now attitude today . Give the bloke a chance. Cut him some slack before asking a question like this. It's not even a question for now is it. Gabby gave us 5 years of service and 6 of crap. So to question and compare this with kodjia's ONE full season and a few games after serious injury is totally barmy in my humble. Kodjia gets hit with the don't care attitude stick. Dont confuse his playing style with his attitude . Looked like he cared on Sunday. Looks like he Is getting form back. Why?. Because people that know better than you and I can see that he needed game time upon game time to get his form back (actually to be fair I said back in September in tne kodjia thread that he needs until past the autumn to get his form back) . And those that know better haven't got the unrealistic viewpoint of fans who give players no slack even given the context of a serious career threatening injury.
There is no comparison to Gabby. If there was it would be in a few years when their careers at villa are more similar because at the moment they are poles apart.

And that is why I think the thread is ......not very good.

No but Abraham has to play down the middle and on yesterdays evidence, El Ghazi is better out wide that Kodjia is.
It's up to Kodjia to prove otherwise and take on the challenge , but if Tammy were to get injured then it's not a bad replacement to have.

I reckon Kodj has been putting in a shift even when played out wide. In fact he's not a traditional front-man, not even in his very good first season with us; he quite often drifted out wide. He's strong and can force his way past defenders.

The wide positions are between Bolasie, El Ghazi, Kodjia and Albert, with Albert currently out for a bit, and Bolasie not yet ready to play 90 minutes. Kodjia is a valuable asset even in those positions, and he will have opportunities to drift inside in attack.

Kodjia is more of a wide forward than a striker or a traditional winger. When we first signed him he played out wide and scored goals.

I think Bruce at one point said Kodjia is better out wide, but then I guess his form in front of goal meant he moved into the middle more permanently. I think Kodjia is a good asset to have either starting out wide or back up to Abraham

Really pleased to see the original title of this thread changed, comparing Kodjia to gabby was a bit strange. I can see Kodjia getting
fitter each game he plays, I am hoping he carries on his rehabilitation and we see the Jimmy Danger of old. I think the manager likes what he sees in him

Hi Andrew, there is no doubt that Kodjia has talent, when he is on form he can manufacture a chance from nothing. I don't see him as a wide midfield player as he cannot defend at all. Smithy has just 'benched him so perhaps he agees (??????). However,as others have noted he will be a good player to have in case we lose Tammy.
Regards,
G.T.

To be fair Kodj has been tracking back. Probably more so that Bolassie or El Ghazi. One of his assets is his strength; if he's anywhere near goal it takes two player to keep him in check. If Tammy goes in January we will need him.

Maverick type of player who will undoubtedly add value over a long hard season. Wouldn't want him lining up against us. Out for over a year and it will take him a bit of time to get his mojo back.

Can already see the effects of Smith's coaching on his play and he will improve further.

His stats have risen dramatically. The players have had a decent rest this week and when I think as a defender who would I prefer to mark it would be Kodja. Bolasie is so unpredictable and quick he generally is a bigger threat. El Ghazi will replace Adomah who is not ready (DS press conference) brilliant that we have him to bring on at any stage ……..

Really Glad that Kodjia seems to be on the mark after being rested by
Smith came on got the penalty& saved us from defeat to Stoke, perhaps now we can put to bed the comparison to Gabby as he is now definitely yesterday’s man. I think Kodjia has a lot more skill & trickery
rather than mainly a burst of speed

Would be surprised. If Davis moved ahead of him there might be something in it, but he hasn't. If Tammy gets injured or rested he's the obvious replacement. If we don't go up Tammy will go and he's in line for the top spot.