The Jolley revolution | Page 13 | Vital Football

The Jolley revolution

Quality!

Direct from the Fishy, spot the error(s) and enjoy.

View attachment 29172
Damn it, they've deleted the thread :shake:

I loved how it started out with Jolley's late father being the mystery buyer, then apparently it was David Ross who was going to sink his personal fortune into the club and catapult them back to Their Rightful Place™

Had it had been allowed to run its course, I was expecting a consortium led by Bill Gates, Richard Branson and the Sultan of Brunei to be champing at the bit to build an eleventy-twelve thousand seater stadium in readiness for their European campaign but a few seasons hence :grinning:

I unmask you as nealeardleyscrossing!

You are not winding the Cods up, you are doing the opposite and galvansing them. I personally don't understand motives or effort in doing it.

I am certainly not nealeardleyscrossing, But galvanising them, Wow - Give your head a wobble, Its the internet.

I am certainly not nealeardleyscrossing, But galvanising them, Wow - Give your head a wobble, Its the internet.

I prefer my Sunday morning perusal of the Fishy with a steaming mug of tea when its a self-induced incestous feeding frenzy, nothing warms the cockles of ones heart better. It's far more entertaining than any Imps intervention on the Fishy could ever be.

Damn it, they've deleted the thread :shake:

I loved how it started out with Jolley's late father being the mystery buyer, then apparently it was David Ross who was going to sink his personal fortune into the club and catapult them back to Their Rightful Place™

Had it had been allowed to run its course, I was expecting a consortium led by Bill Gates, Richard Branson and the Sultan of Brunei to be champing at the bit to build an eleventy-twelve thousand seater stadium in readiness for their European campaign but a few seasons hence :grinning:

more likely to invest in the imps?

Charitable activities and the arts[edit]
Ross was appointed by Tony Blair to the board of the National Portrait Gallery for a four-year term in February 2006. This was to satisfy the Gallery's desire to recruit "a person with senior level of financial, accounting, strategic planning and risk management skills".[33] There were accusations of cronyism later in that year when it emerged that the Gallery had commissioned a photographic portrait of Ross, among other telecoms-related subjects, but the Gallery noted that he had not been involved with the organisation at the time of commissioning.[34] As of 2015[update], he is a trustee of the Gallery.[35]
In May 2012, Ross participated in "The Dallaglio Flintoff Cycle Slam 2012" charity cycle ride from Olympia, Greece to Stratford, London in aid of Andrew Flintoff and Lawrence Dallaglio's respective charities.[36] He hosts the annual Nevill Holt Opera festival.[37]
Ross, brought up in Lincoln, sponsored the David P J Ross Vault at Lincoln Castle, which houses Lincoln Cathedral's copy of the 1215 Magna Carta and the 1217 Charter of the Forest[38].

Didn't Boston beat Barnet too?
Remember Kwiss announcing Barnet had lost just after Clive Evans popped with the winner against Stafford.

Yes Boston did beat Barnet. I was there along with quite a few other Imps. From memory it was Easter and City didn’t have a match. Then we bettered Boston at home on Easter Monday. Seems to recall Allen Crombie having a stormer for Boston v Barnet.

Crombie scored (I think the winner) in Boston’s 2-1 victory over Barnet on the Easter Saturday; we’d drawn at Fisher Athletic on the Good Friday. We then beat Boston 5-1 on the Easter Monday.

Returning to Grimsby, Adam Buckley’s son Brandon is on fringes of their first team.

Yes Boston did beat Barnet. I was there along with quite a few other Imps. From memory it was Easter and City didn’t have a match. Then we bettered Boston at home on Easter Monday. Seems to recall Allen Crombie having a stormer for Boston v Barnet.
I was there aswell , few hundred imps went down and supported Boston that day , all ended well ??⚽

I'm astounded this thread is up to 13 pages now. Is it just me, or is there anyone else out there who is completely ambivalent to what another L2 club are doing... especially when we are flying at the top of the league and the other said club are frankly so far behind that they cannot be counted as rivals for promotion?

In truth, I also find the Cod-baiting slightly unfair. They're a decent club who sustained far better attendances than we did in the Conference; and so for that reason alone, I feel they deserve better than the mis-management clearly going on in their boardroom.

And as for the mocking of the 'Jolley Revolution', let's not forget all the false dawns we have had over the last 20-30 years... think Peter Jackson and his 'Lord of the Imps' and 'Magnificent Seven' crap from days gone by.

Personally, I'm just extremely thankful we have such competent and professional people in our boardroom and our dugout. And knowing how quickly things can change in football, I'll be spending my time savouring the wonderful days we are having, rather than dancing over Grimsby's grave over the coming months.

Just a personal view.

Didn't Boston beat Barnet too?
Remember Kwiss announcing Barnet had lost just after Clive Evans popped with the winner against Stafford.
Yes he did, and how mad did we go when Evans netted at the back stick .... we thought it was all over when Barry Fry told everyone to “put your house on us” when chatting to Des Lynam on Rugby League Grandstand from Wembley that lunchtime. They even showed Steve Butler’s wonder strike for Maidstone against us earlier in that week.

I'm astounded this thread is up to 13 pages now. Is it just me, or is there anyone else out there who is completely ambivalent to what another L2 club are doing... especially when we are flying at the top of the league and the other said club are frankly so far behind that they cannot be counted as rivals for promotion?

In truth, I also find the Cod-baiting slightly unfair. They're a decent club who sustained far better attendances than we did in the Conference; and so for that reason alone, I feel they deserve better than the mis-management clearly going on in their boardroom.

And as for the mocking of the 'Jolley Revolution', let's not forget all the false dawns we have had over the last 20-30 years... think Peter Jackson and his 'Lord of the Imps' and 'Magnificent Seven' crap from days gone by.

Personally, I'm just extremely thankful we have such competent and professional people in our boardroom and our dugout. And knowing how quickly things can change in football, I'll be spending my time savouring the wonderful days we are having, rather than dancing over Grimsby's grave over the coming months.

Just a personal view.

Not me, I’m loving every single second of
Crombie scored (I think the winner) in Boston’s 2-1 victory over Barnet on the Easter Saturday; we’d drawn at Fisher Athletic on the Good Friday. We then beat Boston 5-1 on the Easter Monday.

Returning to Grimsby, Adam Buckley’s son Brandon is on fringes of their first team.

We did play Fisher on the Good Friday, I went in a car with 2 others, and no we didn’t celebrate Bobby Cummings goal ..... far too risky, in fact the most intimidated I’ve ever felt at a game.

40k clicks to the Imps war chest, and nothing to get offended about whats wrong?

For clarity’s sake, astounded means very surprised; in no way am I offended by anything here, and nor is anything ‘wrong’... just offering an opinion.

40k clicks all great... just don’t quite understand the need to continually diss the local rivals when we’re top of the league, even more so when we have been through more than our fair share of troubled times in a relegation fight (as Grimsby are now).

Should also point out that the 40k clicks and money generated pales into complete insignificance when compared with the away support Grimsby continually bring to Sincil Bank, irrespective of their league position. For that reason, I would always prefer them to be in the same league as us.

And just for further clarity’s sake, there’s nothing I like more than a win over the Cods on derby day, and indeed to finish above them in the league... just rather non-plused about their results when they’re not playing the Imps and sit miles away from us in the division.

"In truth, I also find the Cod-baiting slightly unfair. They're a decent club who sustained far better attendances than we did in the Conference; and so for that reason alone, I feel they deserve better than the mis-management clearly going on in their boardroom."

I really don't get the significance of the attendance comment, they had six seasons in a row in contention for promotion plus Wembley visits compared to our dismal 5 yrs of bottom half finishes and brushes with relegation. In our promotion season, our average gate dwarfed theirs.
At the end of the day, if they wernt so far up their own backsides with this ridiculous notion of being a big club then this thread probably wouldn't exist, but whilst the delusion continues, it's always going to attract great amusement from me and and other imps at their demise.

Just to clarify one point regarding attendances. In Grimsby's first season in the Conference (2010-11), they finished 11th. Their average gate was just 3,072, which is not a lot more than we were getting fighting relegation in our first three seasons down there.

[QUOTE="79imp, post: 1571223, member: 9866] Should also point out that the 40k clicks and money generated pales into complete insignificance when compared with the away support Grimsby continually bring to Sincil Bank, irrespective of their league position. [/QUOTE]

Really, Duh!

Yes he did, and how mad did we go when Evans netted at the back stick .... we thought it was all over when Barry Fry told everyone to “put your house on us” when chatting to Des Lynam on Rugby League Grandstand from Wembley that lunchtime. They even showed Steve Butler’s wonder strike for Maidstone against us earlier in that week.
He got both that day, 8 during the season.
On YouTube the barry fry interview