The Jolley revolution | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Jolley revolution

Despite last season being dire for Cods, they never lost 6 games on the bounce. Jolley has managed that in the first 9 games of this season.

Does make next weeks home game against Morecambe have some extra frisson- I can see the "faithful" being particularly negative to the players, managers, owner, board, each other......:wave:

Cards on the table. A young British manager not from a footballing background; I was hoping he would do well, not as well as us obviously, but it would have been nice to see him do well and for it to lead to more British talent coming through to break the stranglehold that foreign managers have on the British game.

There's nothing to be embraced by Grimsby losing their league status again. Rivalry apart, they are a proper traditional football club with thousands of regular, passionate fans. The club is in a mess but the fans clearly deserve better.

I agree entirely. That's why he has to go - he hasn't a clue what he's doing by all accounts: poor recruitment, poor tactics, poor team selections, can't score in a brothel, poor substitutions, poor post-match interviews - all the ingredients of a successful relegation campaign. All the coaching badges in the world cannot make up for a lack of practical experience and basic knowledge. He needed to start in NLN, not the EFL.

His record at Grimsby is now: P19 W5 D5 L9, which gives him just 1.05 points per game (= 48 points over 46 games).

Including his spell taking Eskilstuna to relegation, his managerial record is P37 W9 D9 L19, giving him less than a point per game (0.97).

For what it's worth, here is Flitcroft's record at Failed Mill:
P20 W4 D11 L5, which gives him 1.15 points per game (= 53 points over a 46-game season).

Cards on the table. A young British manager not from a footballing background; I was hoping he would do well, not as well as us obviously, but it would have been nice to see him do well and for it to lead to more British talent coming through to break the stranglehold that foreign managers have on the British game.

I agree. Grimsby had the right idea but went for the wrong one. Quite how Luke Garrard hasn't been picked up by a FL club is beyond me.

For what it's worth, here is Flitcroft's record at Failed Mill:
P20 W4 D11 L5, which gives him 1.15 points per game (= 53 points over a 46-game season).

But at least he won't be bullied by the Cowleys; unless of course he manages to win enough games to get to the second half of the season.

I know what you're getting at but in reality 71 of the 92 managers are British or Irish. Of the 21 that aren't, 14 are in the Premier League 5 in the Championship and 2 in League 2. (I'm not counting Dino Maamria as foreign as he's spent over 20 years in the UK now).

There's a reason why so many of the PL teams have foreign coaches.

The opportunities are there, but you have to grasp them and someone has to take a chance on an untried manager.

The reality is - practically every appointment is a gamble, first-timer or not.

There's nothing to be embraced by Grimsby losing their league status again. Rivalry apart, they are a proper traditional football club with thousands of regular, passionate fans. The club is in a mess but the fans clearly deserve better.

I completely agree. I want us to be better than them but that doesn't mean I want them to be as bad as they are. They do have great fans and I feel for them.

Ball boys fault the other week , this week it's fentys fault again ,although the resident cod in my local is firmly putting it now at the feet of the chosen one , next two games will decide his fate , lucky late penalties are the only way that can save them he reckons

OK, just let them struggle and flirt with the bottom 2 positions, along with Counteah until the end of the season. Could be a run on brown trousers in Cleethorpes/Grimsby Primark?

I think Jolley will be gone shortly he will do very well to turn things around with that squad.

I do not think there is one player in their team who would even get into our 24 man squad.

Jolly was a totally bizarre appointment, there really is nothing on his cv that would put him on a clubs shortlist. Add in the "baggage" he comes with and it's even more bizarre. Most players /managers who have "baggage" are given a chance because there's a real talent that comes with them so deemed worth the risk of alienating your support, jolly really doesn't. Perhaps just as bizarre is the way their "toxic support" really thought he was the messiah. I guess he must do very good interviews and work for peanuts.

Currently got about double figures active posts on El Fisho regarding The Jolley Revolution. Think it's more of a revolt than a revolution now.

I completely agree. I want us to be better than them but that doesn't mean I want them to be as bad as they are. They do have great fans and I feel for them.

Have to disagree. I DO want them to be as bad as they are, or even worse ideally.
I don't think we'll miss out financially either should we be in separate divisions...firstly we'll sell any Stacey West tkts ourselves, and secondly even if we didn't, the cost of policing the Cods must be way way above any revenue they bring in.

I've hated them for a very long time and will continue to so do.
So I hope Jolley keeps his job and we can look forward to them being GRIMSBY DOWN FC once again

Have to disagree. I DO want them to be as bad as they are, or even worse ideally.
I don't think we'll miss out financially either should we be in separate divisions...firstly we'll sell any Stacey West tkts ourselves, and secondly even if we didn't, the cost of policing the Cods must be way way above any revenue they bring in.

I've hated them for a very long time and will continue to so do.
So I hope Jolley keeps his job and we can look forward to them being GRIMSBY DOWN FC once again

Fair enough. Actually I was probably still a bit drunk when I made my comment.