The Jolley revolution | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Jolley revolution

They got a shed load of penalties at the end of the season to nick 1-0 wins to stay up last season, have they had any penalties yet?
Granted if they've already let 3 in before they got said late penalty isn't going to help is it and the fact you actually have to get in the penalty area helps too:lol::lol::lol:

Not just the Cods who are doubting their leader. I've seen murmurs of discontent from the Stags over Flitcroft, having the biggest budget, only mid table. Also MK (as yet unbeaten) after their disappointing draw with FGR. Some are thinking "Tis" is not the "special one" for them.
Only seven/eight games in. LOL!

Last edited:
Not just the Cods who are doubting their leader. I've seen murmurs of discontent from the Stags over Flitcroft, having the biggest budget, only mid table. Also MK (as yet unbeaten) after their disappointing draw with FGR. Some are thinking "Tis" is not the "special one" for them.
Typical football supporters ., really. Even the Cowleys get moaned about if we lose, on the Banter site.

Yeah but big Dave won’t be intimated by nobody!

Flitcroft has won only four of his nineteen league games (P19 W4 D10 L5), which gives him just 1.15 points per game. That equates to 53 points over a 46-game season, which is pretty terrible.

Very much under pressure, I would suggest.

Flitcroft has won only four of his nineteen league games (P19 W4 D10 L5), which gives him just 1.15 points per game. That equates to 53 points over a 46-game season, which is pretty terrible.

As he likes to say wow!

Jolley's league record at Grimsby is even worse: P18 W5 D5 L8, which gives him just 1.11 points per game (51 points over 46 games).

Including his holiday from hell in Sweden, his record is P36 W9 D9 L18, giving him exactly 1.00 point per game.

But they're both still better than having a couple of school teachers in charge hey?
The way the oppo fans carry on you'd think we'd appointed a couple of geography teachers not sports teachers who've been involved in football management for 10 years as well as teaching before we hired them.
But hey don't let that spoil their misconceptions of them and us, bless 'em!

True, but can you count last season, after the comings/goings in the summer?
It does suggest a trend of drawing more than winning on the seven games so far though.

But they're both still better than having a couple of school teachers in charge hey?
The way the oppo fans carry on you'd think we'd appointed a couple of geography teachers not sports teachers who've been involved in football management for 10 years as well as teaching before we hired them.
But hey don't let that spoil their misconceptions of them and us, bless 'em!
I’ve not really seen much dismissal of the Cs abilities... maybe I’m not looking in the ‘right’ places

There must be a red card in Cleethorpes before too much longer. Five points from nine games is abysmal. He has his own players now, so he can't blame Slade any more.

It's enough to make one feel sorry for their fans....

There seems to be a perfect storm in Cleethorpes, destructive chairman, inept manager and poor players....

I do, Barney, I might have alluded to that before, but most of them jumped the shark after the derby.

It's just five weeks, a mere 35 days, since Grimsby recorded that famous 1-1 victory over us and since then their league form is DLLLLL.

Unfortunately, as fans of any club are wont to do, they took a one-off performance as a sign that a corner had been turned. It had, but they turned straight into oncoming traffic.

There must be a red card in Cleethorpes before too much longer. Five points from nine games is abysmal. He has his own players now, so he can't blame Slade any more.
Was to not long ago we was doing that, but hey let's the good times roll.