The John Lundstram Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The John Lundstram Thread

Is not attitude all part of the package every club has binned him off cos he hasn’t produced so it certainly applies to him more than most all our players could have the odd good game (lunny last week) it’s the consistency that’s goin to be up for debate

Fair enough, but I haven't seen anyone saying that signing Morrison is a mistake because he isn't good enough for the Premier League, unlike with players such as Mousset and McBurnie.

Fair enough, but I haven't seen anyone saying that signing Morrison is a mistake because he isn't good enough for the Premier League, unlike with players such as Mousset and McBurnie.
morrison is a low risk signing but hes got that bit of individuality that could turn games for us more often than not probably from the bench if he doesnt do it or his attitude is wrong he will be binned chris doesnt mess about in these kind of matters

Thought I’d posted this but obviously I didn’t press send
true but maybe they should having said though we haven’t paid a fee for him like we have for the other two if we’d picked either of them up for nowt imdoubt people would be questioning and by the same token if we had paid 10m+ for Morrison plenty of questions would be being asked

Last edited:
This is not the same Lundstram that we signed :hmmm: he has morphed into a scouse cross of Steven Gerrard and Jimmy Case. :clap:

Needs to work on his goal celebration,a knee slide and laying on yer back is not good enough after scoring your first Prem goal, :coolio:

Not the only one FKB. (unless he hits a bad patch).
He needs to build on that performance. For me his biggest problem has always been a lack of focus and forgetting what his prime role is in games. He needs to be 100% at it every game and if he can be we could have a real asset and he could have an outstanding career. There’s no question that he’s got the tools.

It’s almost as if Christopher knows what he’s doing with this manager malarkey,the stick JL has taken,not on this forum I must add,has been ridiculous,we have even had the foot stomping about him having the number 7 shirt.

Nice to ram it down their throats John

He needs to build on that performance. For me his biggest problem has always been a lack of focus and forgetting what his prime role is in games. He needs to be 100% at it every game and if he can be we could have a real asset and he could have an outstanding career. There’s no question that he’s got the tools.

But Gray, his role is different now (or for the first two games anyway)....not defensive but almost as a free role with defensive responsibilities when they have the ball............like a Duffy who can tackle back. He covers the ground and looks worthy of his place whilst we settle into this league...IMO.

UTPB

But Gray, his role is different now (or for the first two games anyway)....not defensive but almost as a free role with defensive responsibilities when they have the ball............like a Duffy who can tackle back. He covers the ground and looks worthy of his place whilst we settle into this league...IMO.

UTPB
I’m not sure he plays quite the same style as the bounce killer Chippy but I take your point...Freeman however does and on the 2 games to date he looks to be an upgrade on Duffy (I cant believe that I’ve just said that).