The John Lundstram Thread | Vital Football

The John Lundstram Thread

ayamonte

Vital 1st Team Regular
I haven't seen much of the match on Saturday, but I have seen 2 delightful passes by Lundy.........and plenty of praise on here for his overall performance.

He's shaping up to be one of our key players this season - so interested to hear the thoughts from all the doubting Thomases that reckon he's not "Premier League" quality............... :loser:

thing is wi lunny he can play like he did saturday but then play awful so a lot of fans remember only the awful parts .if he can play most games like saturday and then improve on that ,the doubting tomases like my self at times will have to realise what a player he is and the job he does for us but he has to be consistent.

I'm going to take a lot more persuading,but i reckon his game time will be short lived,as Muhammed will be having his place very soon.

I did think he made two good passes,but two swallows dont make a summer so they say.

I did like his goal celebration in the dugout.

I haven't seen much of the match on Saturday, but I have seen 2 delightful passes by Lundy.........and plenty of praise on here for his overall performance.

He's shaping up to be one of our key players this season - so interested to hear the thoughts from all the doubting Thomases that reckon he's not "Premier League" quality............... :loser:
he played well on saturday monte but i also think besic will take that role against the bigger teams especially away from home

I think Lunny is still paying the price for being 'not Paul Coutts' in many peoples minds. When Coutts leg was broken, Lunny was pushed into that gap and it was one that he clearly wasn't up to, not that it would be easy to replace Coutts in that form anyway. However, there is a player there. Captain and player of the season at Oxford before he came to us. Its taken time to find his place and I think he will be important in that flat three.

But what I like is the attitude. He's been written off by a lot of supporters. Would be easy to go and hide, but he's fitter than fit, improved technically, and giving 100% whether he starts or gets 5 minutes to see out the game. He's not our best player, but he is a Sheffield United player. That's why I back the lad.

We’ve had him a couple of yrs now he’s older and knows what’s expected of him when he gets on the pitch,he does a job for the team
It’s amazing how first impressions stick

I think Lunny is still paying the price for being 'not Paul Coutts' in many peoples minds. When Coutts leg was broken, Lunny was pushed into that gap and it was one that he clearly wasn't up to, not that it would be easy to replace Coutts in that form anyway. However, there is a player there. Captain and player of the season at Oxford before he came to us. Its taken time to find his place and I think he will be important in that flat three.

But what I like is the attitude. He's been written off by a lot of supporters. Would be easy to go and hide, but he's fitter than fit, improved technically, and giving 100% whether he starts or gets 5 minutes to see out the game. He's not our best player, but he is a Sheffield United player. That's why I back the lad.
Well said Pops,i agree.If he was as poor as some think he wunt be still at BDBL and defo not in't squad regularly.It'll be interestin to see who teks the 3rd midfield slot when Besic has settled into life at BDBL but Lundy's effort can never be doubted by anyone surely.No matter who's on that pitch representin us we as a crowd/fanbase need to back em 100% cos mek no mistake they're gunna need us all backin em.UP DEM MIGHTY PREMIER BLADES,Roll on Sunday and let's see how we cope wi owd Wilfred.UTMPB

Well said Pops,i agree.If he was as poor as some think he wunt be still at BDBL and defo not in't squad regularly.It'll be interestin to see who teks the 3rd midfield slot when Besic has settled into life at BDBL but Lundy's effort can never be doubted by anyone surely.No matter who's on that pitch representin us we as a crowd/fanbase need to back em 100% cos mek no mistake they're gunna need us all backin em.UP DEM MIGHTY PREMIER BLADES,Roll on Sunday and let's see how we cope wi owd Wilfred.UTMPB
were gonna get plenty of injuries and all the squad will be used at some point but what a squad weve got now best weve had since 71 imo

Given a chance in pre season by Christopher, and he has made the most of it, played well Saturday.

Well done JL, keep it up.

If De Bruyne or one of the other big names had played that pass the pundits wudda been havin a you know wot abart it,as i said on anutha thread it was almost TC class and wiout doubt Didsy shudda finished it off by scorin. He's obvs dun very well this summer or TUFTY wunt have him in't squad.UTMPB

That particular move and pass was absolutely TC class.
Now all Lunny has to do is perform like that on a consistent basis.

That particular move and pass was absolutely TC class.
Now all Lunny has to do is perform like that on a consistent basis.
Almost not absolutely TC class Bigglenaldo,do not argue wi mi regardin GOD theers a gud chap.:giggle: Are ya at BDBL on Sunday mi owd pal? UTMPB

Almost not absolutely TC class Bigglenaldo,do not argue wi mi regardin GOD theers a gud chap.:giggle: Are ya at BDBL on Sunday mi owd pal? UTMPB

I would never argue with anybody about their religion Rod. There’s no point.
And yes, I expect to be in my usual seat on Sunday - the same one I have occupied every season since that particular stand was built.

I would never argue with anybody about their religion Rod. There’s no point.
And yes, I expect to be in my usual seat on Sunday - the same one I have occupied every season since that particular stand was built.
TOP MAN Bigglenaldo,i'm really lookin forard to Sunday.UTMPB