The January Transfer Window 2023 | Page 129 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Window 2023

Seriously?

Duran just 19 and fresh in the country - think he'd get eaten alive in the prem right now

Kadan young - same barely 17 - no way could he cut it in the prem right now

Watkins and bailey may have there critics but replacing them with a couple of raw teenagers - would be massive downgrade......if it wasn't the prem would be packed with teenagers.
Agree with all that apart from the Bailey part, he's a liability.

How many teams have a complete imbecile as a number 2

He's been crap for us but he's currently Sweden's no1 and he was Sweden's no1 when Martinez was Arsenal's reserve keeper. We've also go Finland's latest Cap on the payroll, I don't think we are signing another keeper, just to sit on the bench for 18 games, despite what we'd like in a dream world. Jed Steer and Mark Bunn are professional reserve keepers we've now got 3 full internationals like then or not it's a step forwards in quality.

He's been crap for us but he's currently Sweden's no1 and he was Sweden's no1 when Martinez was Arsenal's reserve keeper. We've also go Finland's latest Cap on the payroll, I don't think we are signing another keeper, just to sit on the bench for 18 games, despite what we'd like in a dream world. Jed Steer and Mark Bunn are professional reserve keepers we've now got 3 full internationals like then or not it's a step forwards in quality.
Olsen is not a step forward in quality, and i don't really care who he represents at international level it's irrelevant he is garbage

Guendouzi starting for Marseille against Monaco tonight.

Just watched the last 20 mins of the first half and he is suffering from Grealish syndrome nobody passes to him, they seem to deliberately ignore him. He's touched the ball about 4 times since I've watched and every time its been his own making , not a single pass to him despite being in space

The thing is we have the best manager we have had in years and had been widely hailed on here as such.

If this is the squad he is happy to work with until the summer then who are we to argue.

Exactly he's getting 10 times more from what we already had inside 7 games.
This squad is far better than Fulhams or Brentford or Brightons , fully expect him to overtake those three by May without any more signings, never mind with them

The thing is we have the best manager we have had in years and had been widely hailed on here as such.

If this is the squad he is happy to work with until the summer then who are we to argue.
Yes. The problem Emery has is he's done so well since coming in that rather than being happy for not being in a relegation fight and sitting mid table we are now with a good shot at getting a European spot. I'm going to support whatever happens at this point. He's got it so right on the playing side and. by all accounts spends inordinate amounts of time on it so if he hasn't had time to analyze need, identify targets and follow through with the club to signings its to early to read much into that. Having said that I hope he does land a couple before the end of the window!

We won't be replacing them will we, those kids will get minutes not 10 full games. we haven't lost a single starter in this window, have we?

Replacing them in the first 11 - forgive me if I misunderstood you original post - I thought you meant they be in the playing 11 over Watkins and bailey.

Sure we could probably carry them for 10 minutes - but not sure what that proves ?

Am mentally prepared for nothing to happen and I trust Unai to do fine with what we have if that’s what’s decided. Be nice though wouldn’t it to have an exciting end to the transfer window a la when we got Carew and young (if I remember right they were a bit out of the blue). We’re being linked with some useful names and it’s good to know we won’t be doing some madcap panic merchant buy such as Bastón this time around