The January Transfer Window 2023 | Page 128 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Window 2023

It would be weakening the first team squad though if players aren't replaced and you are just bunging a load of u21s on the bench.
Let's face it it's unlikely that any u21s will come through as regular starters (esp if we want to compete higher in the league). A few will have decent careers in lower leagues is the most likely outcome.

We should be buying starters or potential (presumably better than our current youngsters)

It would be weakening the first team squad though if players aren't replaced and you are just bunging a load of u21s on the bench.
Let's face it it's unlikely that any u21s will come through as regular starters (esp if we want to compete higher in the league). A few will have decent careers in lower leagues is the most likely outcome.

We should be buying starters or potential (presumably better than our current youngsters)
These players we are getting shot of have hardly started a game either and I'm pretty sure Duran and Kadan Young could replace Watkins and Bailey now and then, without too much difference in "quality".
Unai has said we need to shift the outs first and that's what we are doing.
A good manager with a method and tactics can accommodate a couple of kids in the team short term.
We aren't going to win the league or go down this season.

Difference is this season - we have points in the bag - no need to panic and also spend over the odds on a few and also wages - Ings was a decent buy but stupid fee and contract
I couldn’t agree more, just seems strange to sell Ings before bringing in someone and letting all that hard work just fade away if Ollie gets injured, we should try and push on while things are good, not sit back cos we have points in the bag, IMO of course.

These players we are getting shot of have hardly started a game either and I'm pretty sure Duran and Kadan Young could replace Watkins and Bailey now and then, without too much difference in "quality".
A good manager with a method and tactics can accommodate a couple of kids in the team short term.

kid with no playing time at all in the prem and another from the mls - I'd be staggered if there isn't a drop off in quality.
It's fine if we're just muddling along and seeing how it goes I guess but Emery doesn't strike me as the sort to fanny around wasting time nor would I expect him to write off the second half of the season

kid with no playing time at all in the prem and another from the mls - I'd be staggered if there isn't a drop off in quality.
It's fine if we're just muddling along and seeing how it goes I guess but Emery doesn't strike me as the sort to fanny around wasting time nor would I expect him to write off the second half of the season
Why is he writing off the season he's looked at the dross in the squad and is shipping it out. Getting better players is difficult, no doubt will bring in a couple by Wednesday but we don't want or need any stocking fillers just in case someone gets injured. We've got Diego Carlos to come back soon, That's a new 30m CB. Digne is now our backup left back Cash our Back up right back. Our midfield is pretty good and we now have a top manager which is worth more than any players we might bring in under previous managers
I would be concerned if we were selling our starters but aren't

There would be a meltdown on Twitter and here, about a weak squad, even though they won't ever play as the first choice. Whereas some of the u21s may well at some point be the first choice.
Hope you're right,Villan. The Brian Little, Bobby Mcdonald and John Gidman trio had excellent careers. Our Jack lifted us all and fetched a kings ransom. But the Fergie Flegelings were probably a once in a blue moon phenomenon but we all love to see a young Villan make the grade. As an aside, wtf happened with Mark Delaney?

Seriously?

Duran just 19 and fresh in the country - think he'd get eaten alive in the prem right now

Kadan young - same barely 17 - no way could he cut it in the prem right now

Watkins and bailey may have there critics but replacing them with a couple of raw teenagers - would be massive downgrade......if it wasn't the prem would be packed with teenagers.

Without buying any more players we could have this Bench soon

Olsen
Cash
Digne
McGinn
Dendoncker
Coutinho
Duran
Chambers
K Young

If we sign a couple more Chambers and K Young will disappear from the bench, that's a pretty decent bench and includes our Captain and our two first-choice fullbacks at the start of the season. Most of those are full international not kids either
actually, I've forgotten Carlos who will replace chambers in the bench

We've Traore and Aaron Ramsey to come sit on the bench too. Other than the opportunity to sell Ings everyone else out the door literally adds nothing to the squad. Traore may actually get the odd goal too and Ramsey did enough in the Championship to suggest he can do a job in the Prem here and there.

Seriously?

Duran just 19 and fresh in the country - think he'd get eaten alive in the prem right now

Kadan young - same barely 17 - no way could he cut it in the prem right now

Watkins and bailey may have there critics but replacing them with a couple of raw teenagers - would be massive downgrade......if it wasn't the prem would be packed with teenagers.
We won't be replacing them will we, those kids will get minutes not 10 full games. we haven't lost a single starter in this window, have we?

We've Traore and Aaron Ramsey to come sit on the bench too. Other than the opportunity to sell Ings everyone else out the door literally adds nothing to the squad. Traore may actually get the odd goal too and Ramsey did enough in the Championship to suggest he can do a job in the Prem here and there.
And Tommy O’Reilly is looking good apparently

Traore is on loan he's only back for medical treatment isn't he?