The January Transfer Window 2023 | Page 115 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Window 2023

Where theres a will there's a way. We used the pseudo ground sale in our promotion season.

There's that many loopholes in FFP - it shouldn't be a barrier to expenditure esp for us as our last few windows we've only been deficit by around £15m-£20m
I don't even pretend to know how FFP works and I don't have the interest to learn either but when we sold Jack for 100m I read somewhere that it meant because he came through our youth system etc etc it would allow us to spend 400m , not that sounds like complete bull to me but I don't know. Neither does anyone outside of AVFC bean counters

I don't even pretend to know how FFP works and I don't have the interest to learn either but when we sold Jack for 100m I read somewhere that it meant because he came through our youth system etc etc it would allow us to spend 400m , not that sounds like complete bull to me but I don't know. Neither does anyone outside of AVFC bean counters

The basic premise is that you can not clock up losses.
But the FFP loss statement - is a separate calculation to any losses shown in the company accounts.
But then came the exemptions - infrastructure was one, recent change of ownership was another , then you could should losses provided you had a process in place to clear them.

It reminds me of the covid lockdowns - the first one everything bar supermarkets closed, then slowly the exemptions came in - in the end it was a free for all.

Same with FFP really.

i don't get FFP either, Chelsea's last set of accounts showed a loss of £200m yet here they are spending left right and centre

Essentially 100m of clear profit allows you to sign £ 400m in 4 year contracts the contracts are depreciated over 4 years so in the 1st yr it would be £100m so net to profit and loss is 0. It's a reason why Chelsea have been doing 8 yr contracts... they can sign double the amount with the same effect on p and l

The basic premise is that you can not clock up losses.
But the FFP loss statement - is a separate calculation to any losses shown in the company accounts.
But then came the exemptions - infrastructure was one, recent change of ownership was another , then you could should losses provided you had a process in place to clear them.

It reminds me of the covid lockdowns - the first one everything bar supermarkets closed, then slowly the exemptions came in - in the end it was a free for all.

Same with FFP really.

Its hilarious really, the whole idea about it protecting clubs from themselves falls flat on its face when you have these loopholes and when the club's entire books are not taken into account.

With the last manager who I had less faith in I would be screaming now... We do need some bodies, however don't want the repeated mistake of "buying for the bench". Pretty relaxed with this uncomfortable moment, trust we'll get in players that will improve the team as we can.

I think it's also a case of preferring to be lightweight then fixing in the summer than just getting players in for the sake of it and filling squad numbers up. We need to get off that merry-go-round and start being smart.

I remember when it seemed like we had all of this unsalable deadwood that we just couldn't get rid of. All of a sudden we get a top class manager in and some of these players are quickly leaving the club, interesting.

Yeah this is something that Villa fans are going to have to get used to.

I saw a lot of bedwetting on Twitter yesterday.

I'm enjoying the fact that I don't have to question any of these signings. If Unai wants them, that's good enough for me.

Problem is Duran was a Gerrard/Lange signing.... OK Unai has green lighted it but not convinced he'd have gone for him otherwise.

But agree with the sentiment. Anyone from here on in should be a Unai buy and he's already earned our trust.

I remember when it seemed like we had all of this unsalable deadwood that we just couldn't get rid of. All of a sudden we get a top class manager in and some of these players are quickly leaving the club, interesting.

altho tbf we're not selling it's more a giftaid type thing atm.
Legacy of buying squad fodder / much of a muchness players I guess -
interesting to see who we buy but I'd hope they are quality starters (with the odd punt on potential like jhhhhon)

altho tbf we're not selling it's more a giftaid type thing atm.
Legacy of buying squad fodder / much of a muchness players I guess -
interesting to see who we buy but I'd hope they are quality starters (with the odd punt on potential like jhhhhon)
Players' wages these days, loaning them out is nearly as good as a sale for the time being.

I think we'll be looking for a squad of 18 first-team players by next week and the rest made up from u21s. We are not in any cups and have 18 games left, the players leaving are not playing anyway so won't be missed. There might be a loan or two for the bench if we can shift the unwanted players