The January Transfer Window 2023 | Page 113 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Window 2023

Yeah and so could Kamara, but we could do with someone who's preferred position is CB on the bench. One injury and we'll be playing people out of position.
Mind you I dont personally think he'll let Chambers go unless we have another CB coming in first

Plus he's a homegrown player, to fulfil our quota unless we are happy with a 22/ 24-man squad and the under-21 players of course of which Duran is one .
We are out of the cups so don't really need a 25 man squad i suppose as they'll on play id we have an injury

Digne must be on over £100k a week, there's no way I can see Marseille paying that much. Unless its Nakamba, I'd say its probably bullshite
I guess we will find out soon enough, Marseille do have some players reportedly on over £100k/ week, like Payet, Alexis Sanchez and Veretout.

I think their midfield is a level above Marv, isn't it?

Looking at their midfield options aside from Guendouzi they have Veretout who joined this season after playing in Italy for a few years with Fiorentina and Roma. Pape Gueye who is probably the closest in terms of style to Marv except he's much bigger and stronger. Then Valentin Rongier who we were linked with before he joined Marseille. Based on what I've seen of them over the last few years I'd probably think Marvelous would be on the bench again if he joined Marseille.

Must admit, I'm getting a little concerned. We're having that clear out, yes... fine. But currently there doesn't seem to be a sign of anyone coming in.

Let's hope we can get two or three in otherwise we won't need a bench, just two or three stools will do.

Don’t think anyone has mentioned Traoré as a possibility in the potential swap deal. He did do quite well in Ligue 1 when he was at Lyon, and a return to that neck of the woods might appeal to him.

If we get Guendouzi then he will probably play in Buendia's position anyway but IMO I think Emery sees a decent player in Buendia and loves his work rate and defensive work. I think he will give Buendia til the end of the season before making a decision on his future.

I love all the nonsense talk about swap deals, always makes me chuckle.

Swap deals are proper 1980s. Can anyone actually name a swap deal that has happened this millenia?

I'm sure someone will, just to show me up but they are an absolute rarity these days if they happen at all, yet the red top rags report potential swap deals regularly and seemingly some still fall for it.

I love all the nonsense talk about swap deals, always makes me chuckle.

Swap deals are proper 1980s. Can anyone actually name a swap deal that has happened this millenia?

I'm sure someone will, just to show me up but they are an absolute rarity these days if they happen at all, yet the red top rags report potential swap deals regularly and seemingly some still fall for it.

Only player I can think of was Baros for Carew?