The January Transfer Thread | Page 53 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

I must admit i am worried about the match day squad size.

Lets say we pick up another two injuries who do we out on bench? A 3rd keeper?

Its abit concerning for me
That's where we need a bit of luck. An Injury to Martinez or Watkins would see us tumble down the table imo

Yep , so far the gamble has paid off but how long that will last is anyone's guess
Yeah thats my concern. Loaning out all youngsters with potential i think is a big risk

Another 2-3 injuries ans we are heading into disaster terrority. I mean look at what happened with torres for example. He wasnt fit played him and has aggravated his injury. I think this happened with JJ Too earlier this season

Yeah thats my concern. Loaning out all youngsters with potential i think is a big risk

Another 2-3 injuries ans we are heading into disaster terrority. I mean look at what happened with torres for example. He wasnt fit played him and has aggravated his injury. I think this happened with JJ Too earlier this season

Agreed - but what are you suggesting we do ?

Ideally a hefty investment in players inward via the transfer market - Personally I don't see that happening.

Wed all like CL qualification or better - but our best bet of getting that is hoping we stay lucky with injuries.

Agreed - but what are you suggesting we do ?

Ideally a hefty investment in players inward via the transfer market - Personally I don't see that happening.

Wed all like CL qualification or better - but our best bet of getting that is hoping we stay lucky with injuries.
I think keeping a few here training with match day squad and playing in the u21s benefits us

I dont see how loaning benefits us with injuries only for FFP purposes. Balancing act

When i look at spurs they have had more injuries than us yet they have had places most of the time to fill their bench.

Same with newcastle.

Sanson would have been a decent option on the bench. He always looked tidy but a few managers now have thought somethings not quite right.

All a lot of what ifs and maybes. The squad is currently thin because of injuries, get two players back and we're in a much improved position. We'd be very unlucky to get further long term injuries.

Need to get certain players out to free up squad positions then reinvest with better options - Traore, Chambers, Hause and possibly Dendonker. Need to integrate the youth players that are up to standard to plug any gaps. Don't see too much going on this Jan so we need to buckle up for the long drive home. Going to be a lot of ups and downs as the league is a war of attrition, let's hope that we can get through the next few months.

I think keeping a few here training with match day squad and playing in the u21s benefits us

I dont see how loaning benefits us with injuries only for FFP purposes. Balancing act

When i look at spurs they have had more injuries than us yet they have had places most of the time to fill their bench.

Same with newcastle.
Because players need to play, unlike the seasoned vets who have had that development already. Players under a certain age or at a certain point in development will do better close to home.

Kellyman vs. Tim is the best example, Tim needs to play and he isn't going to be trusted ahead of Dendonker. He spent 12 months at a very average Championship side and nearly 6 months injured. He is not going to be trusted in ahead of Dendonker. And its not like its just Dendonker he has to usurp, McGinn is preferred at CM and Tielemens too.

The sad reality we consistently forget is these kids are not good enough. It's always give the kids a go, we did that under Houllier and except for Albrighton they all did nothing. Jack and JJ have performed best and they were very well managed.

Dendoncker is a very good DM.
Admittedly he has a different style to Kamara but he's good at what he does. I think the main difference is Kamara's first thought is to get the ball moving forward, whereas Dendocker's isn't, it's to make sure the ball is safe, even though that requires a pass back to a defender.
Dendoncker has the ability to play as a central defender as well, which has its advantages, squad wise.

Dendoncker is a very good DM.
Admittedly he has a different style to Kamara but he's good at what he does. I think the main difference is Kamara's first thought is to get the ball moving forward, whereas Dendocker's isn't, it's to make sure the ball is safe, even though that requires a pass back to a defender.
Dendoncker has the ability to play as a central defender as well, which has its advantages, squad wise.
You aren’t wrong at all, but the problem is the things you’ve described that Kamara does (and what Dendoncker doesn’t do) are fundamental to Emery’s system in which central ball progression through the midfield is key. If Dendoncker can’t offer that then he has a very limited use here, other than emergency back up and to come off the bench for 5 minutes to shut up shop and win headers