The January Transfer Thread | Page 52 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

The problem irogbunam is facing is getting ahead of Dendonker in the pecking order which isn't looking likely. I thought he might get a game yesterday but on reflection I think Emery sees Dendonker as an important part of the squad. I don't think he'll be sold this window, maybe in the summer though.
Needs to go on loan. Just back from injury and doesn’t have a single minute of competitive football in 6 months. If it wasn’t for injuries he probably wouldn’t make a single match day squad.

Typical of SLY on the SSN website that they have a link to a page dedicated to all of the usual suspects transfer activities, but nothing for us.
I'm quite relieved actually as at least we don't have to listen to second rate you tubers pedalling a load of BS.
Let Monchi do the talking.

Kessler and Bogarde are out on loan , O'Reilly has been on the bench and Swinkels has (is that his name the CB ?) then there's the kid we picked up from Sandwell who is on the fringes
My Plymouth supporting mates are having a breakdown over Azaz being bought back and sold, and if Kessler comes back think they will be found on the edge of a local cliff.🤣

Mr remote. We have had a few through but not many as good as Grealish or Ramsey. Things have improved with the likes of Archer and Ramsey being sold for good money.
We have a state of the art academy but I wonder if the results are good enough or its a slow turnaround process to begin to produce regular 1st class players?

Mr remote. We have had a few through but not many as good as Grealish or Ramsey. Things have improved with the likes of Archer and Ramsey being sold for good money.
We have a state of the art academy but I wonder if the results are good enough or its a slow turnaround process to begin to produce regular 1st class players?
In the last few years we've had two first team regulars and recouped ~£160m in sales. That's enough to run the academy for 10 years plus a chunk of capital investment to expand if we needed to.

It's a roaring success.

Well if you consider that the Prem attracts some of the best players from all around the globe - the odds of you having more than one or two in your own back yard aren t good. We have Ramsey who before his injury was in the first team on Merit - we have recently sold Carney for £20m - and received decent fees or A Ramsey + Archer - I think the academy is doing pretty well.

Also we are kickin on in the prem - not just existing in it - You have to be a serious talent to displace any of the first 11.

Changing the subject somewhat, I’ve noticed Nice are doing really well, 2nd in Ligue1. A certain Morgan Sanson has been a regular in the team during this period of good form. He’s apparently playing really well for them.
Well enough for them to make a bid for him in January ? I wonder.

In the last few years we've had two first team regulars and recouped ~£160m in sales. That's enough to run the academy for 10 years plus a chunk of capital investment to expand if we needed to.

It's a roaring success.

Spot on.

I think most of this suggestion that the Academy isn’t working is bourne from disappointment over Archer.

Not sure what fans expects in terms of academy players in the team as regular starters. The way some talk it sounds like the suggestion is that we need 4 or 5 starting. No one does that in the global premier league modern game.

As you say that amount of money, Grealish and Ramsey coming through in the space of a few years to be proper elite class is clear indication that the academy is thriving and doing what is needed.

Also we are kickin on in the prem - not just existing in it - You have to be a serious talent to displace any of the first 11.
Yes, in a way its good for the club, if you want to come through and be in the team as you say. They'll have to be at least as a good as JJ or Jack at 19/20. Its tough for the young lads coming thru but on the flip side Chuk, Aaron and Archer show there is a path to be premier league footballers.

Plus you've got a bunch of players like Finn Azaz showing you can be a Championship player too which always gives you a shot at the Prem if you work hard.

The academy has never been in a better place and kids of the West Midlands who support Villa (and others) have never had a better chance to make it than right now.

I must admit i am worried about the match day squad size.

Lets say we pick up another two injuries who do we out on bench? A 3rd keeper?

Its abit concerning for me
Yes we need two senior players, a RB or RCB is needed. DC can't play two games a week regularly and I am also not keen and shunting Konsa out to RB.

We also need a profile that covers McGinn/Tielemens so I actually do get the idea of signing an attacker now. Felipe Anderson would be a useful stop gap for this. Out of contract in the summer, you might get him for 5m.

Everything else can wait until the summer.