The January Transfer Thread | Page 51 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

Which ones and based on what ?

We can't be experimenting when we are challenging for the title.

My argument is that it's possible to do both.

Keep on buying elite players.

Keep on picking a side capable of winning and challeging for top 4.

Keep some of the kids in and around the squad and on the bench so you can give them minutes when we're 3 goals up with 20 minutes to go. As said, sometimes it's the only way you'll ever know if they're good enough is playing them in a team with elite players.

I wouldn't sacrifice out aims of being a top 4 club to play kids willy nilly, but I think there's definitely been times this season when we've been cruising that JPB or Archer could have got some good minutes and we'd see one way or another if they can cut it for us.

it's possibly my only gripe with Unai. Why does he keep picking 2 keepers on the bench when he could have Rory Wilson or Omari Kellyman and give them minutes when we're cruising? Doesn't make any logical sense to me.
He's said he will only put players on the bench that are deserving of a place. Said he won't do it for the sake of it and as the second keeper is involved in the matchday preparations he gets a squad place.

He's said he will only put players on the bench that are deserving of a place. Said he won't do it for the sake of it and as the second keeper is involved in the matchday preparations he gets a squad place.
Yes does seem a bit strange as neither is getting on the pitch unless Emi gets injured, there again none of the kids are getting on with the squad we have these days. Especially when they are all fit. Imagine the bench if Mings and Buendia were fit, we;d have senior pros not able to get in the squad.
Most of our kids that are anywhere near the match day squad are out on loan

Yes does seem a bit strange as neither is getting on the pitch unless Emi gets injured, there again none of the kids are getting on with the squad we have these days. Especially when they are all fit. Imagine the bench if Mings and Buendia were fit, we;d have senior pros not able to get in the squad.
Most of our kids that are anywhere near the match day squad are out on loan
Exactly.

Also id likw to add if we pick up another 2 or 3 injuries then who do put in the bench? We are already struggling having 2 keepers on bench so what happens if another couple get injured? Have no subs?

As for youngsters bogarde, kesler and maybe if and when kellyman or k young are fit they can get a spot?

Kessler and Bogarde are out on loan , O'Reilly has been on the bench and Swinkels has (is that his name the CB ?) then there's the kid we picked up from Sandwell who is on the fringes

The problem irogbunam is facing is getting ahead of Dendonker in the pecking order which isn't looking likely. I thought he might get a game yesterday but on reflection I think Emery sees Dendonker as an important part of the squad. I don't think he'll be sold this window, maybe in the summer though.

The problem irogbunam is facing is getting ahead of Dendonker in the pecking order which isn't looking likely. I thought he might get a game yesterday but on reflection I think Emery sees Dendonker as an important part of the squad. I don't think he'll be sold this window, maybe in the summer though.
Den Doncker is a solid experienced pro, while we are still in the "race" for the treble Unai will use him as and when needed.