The January Transfer Thread | Page 72 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

In fairness, I would love to know what we see in him. Decent but what has he got that Azaz doesn't? Would Unai and Monchi honestly say he is better than Jaden?

I fully trust them, just so curious, "why him?".
I’ve seen some stats floating around that suggest one of his strengths is through balls, and his assist today was a nice back-heel pass inside the box. We've seen that we've struggled to break down very defensive teams this seasons, so someone who can unlock defensives with clever passes in the final third is probably needed. We looked so much better when Tielemans played in that role earlier in the season but he's not really a forward by trade and has since been out with injury anyway. Rogers is presumably still raw and is a gamble, but looks like he'd be a relatively cheap option (possibly less than £10m) and has a lot of potential, I guess that's where it makes sense.

Buy him and loan him back like with the Serbian fella
Seems like we want him now.

I was watching a Boro podcast and it was funny that they didn't say he was even a guaranteed starter.

So keen to see Unai and Monchi pull more rabbits out the hat. There are a couple "cut out the middle man" signings. That Icelandic keeper is the sort of lad you'd spend 10-15 million on in 12-24 months. I'd Copenhagen are raging.

Seems like we want him now.

I was watching a Boro podcast and it was funny that they didn't say he was even a guaranteed starter.

So keen to see Unai and Monchi pull more rabbits out the hat. There are a couple "cut out the middle man" signings. That Icelandic keeper is the sort of lad you'd spend 10-15 million on in 12-24 months. I'd Copenhagen are raging.
Yeah read that from Boro fans and rating A Ramsey higher .
Given he's a local lad he'll probably settle in quicker which is another positive

For me this is a signing I don’t understand, he doesn’t really stand out significantly at the championship level and the fact that Boro fans seem to rate Ramsay more is somewhat concerning.

However the club is in great hands so we’re just going to have to trust the people who are paid the big bucks to deliver.

I would imagine that if Rogers was rated the same as Ramsey and worth the same money its more beneficial to sell your home grown player as its worth more on the books for FPP????

These kids are very much with next season and beyond in mind, I don't suppose we can afford to have highly-paid journeymen on the bench much longer.
The likes of Chambers Traore etc who have peaked and gone past their sell by when we can have eager young kids on low wages who will add legs from the bench.
That's my theory, but if Monchi sees them as starters we could be turning into a cheap version of Chelsea