The January Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 8 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you literally spend all day playing Fifa 21 and reading all the player profiles 58?

I don't think, no, I know I have never heard of a single player that you write about on here :shrug:. Are you a secret Villa scout per-chance?

I have never played Fifa 21, or any other type of internet game.
I know that you have heard of players I've suggested, even if it's just players like Lampard from West Ham for £7m or, de Bruyne from Chelsea for £12m.
other than that I have no doubt you will never have heard of the European or South American players I've mentioned over the years.
And no I am not a secret scout.
I just really like the game of football in general.
At the start of each season I decide what football I'm going to watch, hence I get to know about quite a few players.
The players I do suggest I pick because they play well, in positions where we are weak and need improvement.
If it offends you guys that I suggest players you've never heard of, I can see two alternatives. One; I can cease making suggestions or, Two; you can broaden your interest into the wider game of football, rather than only seeing claret and blue.

i

I know that you have heard of players I've suggested, even if it's just players like Lampard from West Ham for £7m or, de Bruyne from Chelsea for £12m.
other than that I have no doubt you will never have heard of the European or South American players I've mentioned over the years.
At the start of each season I decide what football I'm going to watch, hence I get to know about quite a few players.
The players I do suggest I pick because they play well, in positions where we are weak and need improvement.
If it offends you guys that I suggest players you've never heard of, I can see two alternatives. One; I can cease making suggestions or, Two; you can broaden your interest into the wider game of football, rather than only seeing claret and blue.
Sorry if my post offended you 58 - not my intention. It always amazes me that you keep coming up with a raft of players who may be available at a decent price, look like they may fit after cursory examination and are from every conceivable league throughout Europe. The Fifa comment was a little bit of a throw away, but an easy place to come across different names, that's all. I doff my cap to your enthusiasm and research :tophat:

Sorry if my post offended you 58 - not my intention. It always amazes me that you keep coming up with a raft of players who may be available at a decent price, look like they may fit after cursory examination and are from every conceivable league throughout Europe. The Fifa comment was a little bit of a throw away, but an easy place to come across different names, that's all. I doff my cap to your enthusiasm and research :tophat:

I was not offended by your post at all.
All I've ever really done is watch a lot of football and spot players who I think would fit in and improve my team.
The 58 in my user name stands for the year I first became a fan by the way, taking that into account I think you'll agree I've seen an awful lot of football and I'll say it for you, I've seen a lot of awful football too.
I love the way Man City play with a false number 9 because when he drops deep, there are two or three runners going past him and confusing the defenders. A tactic we could utilise when Watkins comes deep to retrieve the ball.
Anyway, you didn't give your preference as to whether it best for me to keep player names to myself, or for you to widen your player knowledge.

1958s posts are gas though, the only way I had any sort of knowledge of players like that was when I played Football Manager. Even FIFA doesnt give you that knowledge. Fun fact about Football Manager they also have some proprietary software that clubs across Europe actually use too, and that includes scouts and recruitment folk.

My brother used to be like 58, he had the FourFourTwo subscription and watched games from everywhere. Even the odd bit from South America and even the MLS.

1958s posts are gas though, the only way I had any sort of knowledge of players like that was when I played Football Manager. Even FIFA doesnt give you that knowledge. Fun fact about Football Manager they also have some proprietary software that clubs across Europe actually use too, and that includes scouts and recruitment folk.

My brother used to be like 58, he had the FourFourTwo subscription and watched games from everywhere. Even the odd bit from South America and even the MLS.

Yeah, their scouting dbase is now massive in the game - it's the element of the computer game that lends credibility to outlets now looking at player ratings and even simulating seasons and things, even though it's the antithesis of actual news and journalism.

It's my in to foreign football as I'm just not interested outside of Villa now.

Although in fairness I remember when Freddy Adu was going to be the next Ronaldinho lol

That's one your brother has over me, I've never even considered watching MLS and to be truthful I don't think that'll change anytime soon.
I have watched quite a decent amount of football from South America over the years. Even the years before JPA signed for us.
I did read a copy of FourFourTwo once, it had an interesting article on the long throw as an attacking tactic.
Mark Delaney was one of the youngsters they highlighted as one to watch as I remember, can't remember who else though.

Football Handbook back in the day. Wish I'd of paid more attention, I could of been like Marlon Brando in On The Waterfront- a contender. Instead I'm looking more like him in Apocalypse Now but with hair!

If it offends you guys that I suggest players you've never heard of, I can see two alternatives. One; I can cease making suggestions or, Two; you can broaden your interest

Wherever you picked up your knowledge 58, my vote is for the 3rd option; get your CV into Stevie G!

Just read somewhere that Howe might go for Mings in January. The car is ready but obviously he'd never go to a regime like that would he.

That's highly unlikely. They had a big bust up at Bournemouth, which is why he was sent out on loan. He did also do his best to force a move to us, which probably didnt go down to well with Eddie

Just read somewhere that Howe might go for Mings in January. The car is ready but obviously he'd never go to a regime like that would he.
Think it's a load of crap mate. By all accounts, (what I have gleaned over the years from dipping into Vital Cherries regularly) there was a big falling out between Howe and Mings.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Howe goes after Nathan Ake though

Think it's a load of crap mate. By all accounts, (what I have gleaned over the years from dipping into Vital Cherries regularly) there was a big falling out between Howe and Mings.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Howe goes after Nathan Ake though

I thought the same I guess I was wishful thinking he'd come in for Mings at 40+M of course and we could buy a decent CB but yes he's be in for Ake if anyone

I think we should just try and get Tarkowski - he usually plays left side of the Burnley backline too. If its us or Newcastle all they can do is offer silly wages but they'll come unstuck if they make that standard practice. TBF now we've Gerrard I think we've a little bit of extra leverage. I love Deano but he wasnt tipping the scales for many players.

A solid reliable centre-back beside our Rolls Royce would be immense. He'd be with the spammers now if Burnley weren't looking for 50MM+

Status
Not open for further replies.