The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 48 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know who I think are crap are Taylor and Hourihane and I've seen nothing to suggest either is anything but surplus,.
ElGhazi I've never doubted skill-wise and have always said he just needed to man up which he seems to have done.

Hause I've always thought was decent and now I actually think he's more effective at defending than Mings. Targett see ElGhazi.

Trez headless chicken who runs and runs but we need more than running. surplus for me. Let's get rid of the fringe players whilst they still have any street cred that's all I'm saying, I'm fed up of us letting players run down their contracts. For every Nyland we seem to have two Lansbury types happy to sit it out

Taylor is like Lansbury, we'd probably have to pay clubs to take him. I think we can sucker a few teams into a battle for Hourihane. 8-10MM I'd be perfectly happy with.

I personally always thought Hause wasn't the greatest but dealing with our friends in the league who play in the classical sense of the game he is a brick-shithouse. Burnley, Palace, WBA, Sheffield Utd and Newcastle you could leave them there all day against Hause and they wouldnt score.

I've a soft spot for Trez for his efforts but objectively I am the same if you got 15-20MM for him I'd take it. And I'd take 20MM for AEG too because I've no idea how long he'll keep up this purple patch. Good squad players and dare I say it but if Barkley is only going to give us 20 games a season he is another squad player.

For us to really solidify and build on where we are we need players like Harvey Barnes, Perez, Tielemens, Diego Jota, Neves and Mount. Lads who aren't going to go missing with injuries and a desperate lack of form and confidence. Trez, AEG and Traore are great for now we can chop and change them but long term we need reliability. The more Grealish can turn to a lad and know he's going to show up on match day the less of a burden on him to walk it into the net.

Taylor is like Lansbury, we'd probably have to pay clubs to take him. I think we can sucker a few teams into a battle for Hourihane. 8-10MM I'd be perfectly happy with.

I personally always thought Hause wasn't the greatest but dealing with our friends in the league who play in the classical sense of the game he is a brick-shithouse. Burnley, Palace, WBA, Sheffield Utd and Newcastle you could leave them there all day against Hause and they wouldnt score.

I've a soft spot for Trez for his efforts but objectively I am the same if you got 15-20MM for him I'd take it. And I'd take 20MM for AEG too because I've no idea how long he'll keep up this purple patch. Good squad players and dare I say it but if Barkley is only going to give us 20 games a season he is another squad player.

For us to really solidify and build on where we are we need players like Harvey Barnes, Perez, Tielemens, Diego Jota, Neves and Mount. Lads who aren't going to go missing with injuries and a desperate lack of form and confidence. Trez, AEG and Traore are great for now we can chop and change them but long term we need reliability. The more Grealish can turn to a lad and know he's going to show up on match day the less of a burden on him to walk it into the net.

Surprised at the comments about Taylor, an experienced pro who always does a job for us when called upon to do so. He did fine when we were clawing our way to safety last season. He may not be a player who DS wants to build his squad upon, but equally the fact that DS hasn't sought to replace him means he's confident he'll do a job when asked, like Elmo.

Pretty sure his contract won't be renewed in the summer; probably that's the right time. But the b.mail suggested he could move into coaching rather than extend his career.

Taylor is a bit crap but I agree, probably not as bad for us overall as some make out. Curiously he seemed to be a good prospect back in the day but never really demonstrated anything more than mediocrity for us.

BBC Sport gossip column is overflowing with Villa "news" this morning. Brooks coming in from Bournemouth, Hourihane out on loan, Celtic and Ajax hoping to sign Aaron Ramsey who is out of contract in the summer apparently, Guilbert has rejected a move to Turkey.

I doubt AR will be going anywhere, our youth setup looks stronger than ever and his brother has made the breakthrough into the first team squad, he has no reason to leave.

Brooks is a decent player, but I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Barkley and Grealish which is the market I think we should be looking at. He is only 23 though and he has a lot of natural talent, if DS sees something in him I trust him, and he's certainly a step up from Hourihane if he heads the other way.

Would be fantastic if we could get some money back for some of the failed Suso signings. Guilbert and Engels are probably still attractive enough for a mid table French or Turkish club to take a punt on. The sooner they go, the sooner we can upgrade them I suspect.

BBC Sport gossip column is overflowing with Villa "news" this morning. Brooks coming in from Bournemouth, Hourihane out on loan, Celtic and Ajax hoping to sign Aaron Ramsey who is out of contract in the summer apparently, Guilbert has rejected a move to Turkey.

I doubt AR will be going anywhere, our youth setup looks stronger than ever and his brother has made the breakthrough into the first team squad, he has no reason to leave.

Brooks is a decent player, but I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Barkley and Grealish which is the market I think we should be looking at. He is only 23 though and he has a lot of natural talent, if DS sees something in him I trust him, and he's certainly a step up from Hourihane if he heads the other way.

Would be fantastic if we could get some money back for some of the failed Suso signings. Guilbert and Engels are probably still attractive enough for a mid table French or Turkish club to take a punt on. The sooner they go, the sooner we can upgrade them I suspect.

I'm still not convinced we will be letting many people leave in this window. With a fixture pile up not far away we are going to need our back ups to come in for a game or two. People are al;ready suggesting we have a weak bench so we don't want to make it any weaker.
I rate Brooks highly, but cant see Bournemouth letting him go while they are in a promotion race - not unless we paid massively over the odds.

Ok. Thanks for reminding me Idgavfc. I’m not up to speed on our younger players although I remember talking to a bloke at half time, (remember those days?) , who lived near to the lads and he said that the younger one was an even better prospect than Jacob.

Ok. Thanks for reminding me Idgavfc. I’m not up to speed on our younger players although I remember talking to a bloke at half time, (remember those days?) , who lived near to the lads and he said that the younger one was an even better prospect than Jacob.
On that note there’s a third Ramsey brother in the youth so don’t be surprised to hear another one in a couple of years.

I was thinking it was a decent move because he's still very young, but he's actually 20, so I find it a bit odd, but then again maybe we're putting too much expectations on him.

Dominic Revan joins Weymouth on loan. No disrespect to Weymouth or the conference but I'd have thought a few teams in higher leagues might be interested in him after his excellent performance last week.

I suppose he is more likely to get game time for them. In recent seasons we've seen a few players join League 1&2 teams on loan and sit on the bench. Either that or they dont think he will be good enough for the PL and are just putting him in the window for the lower league teams

I suppose he is more likely to get game time for them. In recent seasons we've seen a few players join League 1&2 teams on loan and sit on the bench. Either that or they dont think he will be good enough for the PL and are just putting him in the window for the lower league teams

Good point. We loaned Easah Suliman to Grimsby a few years ago and he barely got a go. Mings was playing non league at a similar age so no need to write him off yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.