The James Bree Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The James Bree Thread

Agree there overlooked, big season for him now. If he can impress in their system he's set for Smith in my mind.

If not, it was a gamble that didn't come off - he won't be the last youngster like that and he'll still probably have a decent career.

Best of luck to him, hope he comes back a better player and if we choose to let him go then at least he could get his value up a bit for us.

I find it bizzare that any Villa fan who's actually watched him play with their own eyes could ever expect he'll make the grade.

I hope he does ok so we can get a fee for him at the end of it, but nothing more than that.

We need to move on. We're growing as a club. The James Bree's of this world have no part of it.

I thought Bree looked decent when he first joined and was also solid covering at LB during the last few games of 2018. His form does seem to have tailed off badly though, maybe through lack of game time and I don't suppose it helped playing in such a poor Ipswich team last season.
I suppose if we are aiming to push on again next season and build a team to get us into the top half then its unlikely Bree will return.

Agree with Deano. A gamble that didn't pay off. We have rich owners and ambition now. Can't see the Bree types figuring in the plans to break the top six.

Inevitable. He's only 22, surprisingly enough. By going off to play he's giving himself the best chance of doing something with his career. He wasn't going to do it with us.

Would be keen to hear from a Luton fan as to how he performed last season. On paper at least he had as many assists as Matty Cash with 5. Not a bad contribution going forward at least.

Such a shame that it hasn't worked out for the lad. Came with glowing references from the coaches at Barnsley but never lived up to that reputation of being the best youngster they had ever produced.
Maybe we were just the wrong club for him and good luck to him for the future.

Plenty of time to get himself back on track. Did well with them last year, manager has said he was their No 1 target this summer I believe. Looking at their Twitter feed, plenty are delighted to see him back and permanent.

:shrug:

Actually met him the day he signed, we were at an FCG. He got surrounded by folks, so I stood back, he looked a bit overpowered. He then admitted he'd not been away from home (moved away from home, he'd obviously been out!) before.

Good luck to him.

Would be keen to hear from a Luton fan as to how he performed last season. On paper at least he had as many assists as Matty Cash with 5. Not a bad contribution going forward at least.

I have a Luton mate from uni, who likes him. I think he popped up with a few assists, as I keep an eye on Luton purely to wind him up.

I thought I posted on here but I can’t see it, the thing with Bree was he seemed like he needed a lot of confidence to play well and the minute he fucked up he lost that confidence. Technically strong but mentally perhaps not at the time for such a big move.