The James Bree Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The James Bree Thread

I don't know anything about this kid but if he gives a shit like Hutton but is a step up in quality then he should prove to be a good player for us.

Interesting to see if Bree goes out on loan in January... he’s not getting a look-in at the minute and with Cafu, Elmo and DeLaet all performing well it’s difficult to see when/if he will get a game...

We've cup games coming up. Think De Laet can play on the left so it's possible to do that and stick Bree on the right. Or will Elmo get a look in?

I too had forgotten about him.

Still at least he will get a game at Preston soon. And when he plays only a handful of decent games for them he will be the answer to all our problems.

Melon Donkey - 7/12/2017 23:32

I too had forgotten about him.

Still at least he will get a game at Preston soon. And when he plays only a handful of decent games for them he will be the answer to all our problems.

The way of football , he was the answer to the McCafu "problem " then it was Elmo then De Laet and here we are with Hutton still there and still getting MOTM votes . 3 players brought in to replace a right back and he's still there ! Only at the Villa !

Another Joe Bennett for me. He needs to get out and good luck to him, good feet but a bit lightweight

Don't get how everyone is an expert on Bree when he has hardly had a chance. If he had a run in the team, he could surprise everyone.

What would Nuno, Wagner or even Rowett get out of our squad - hypothetical situation of course, but I bet more of our "exciting" youth would play a bigger part.

A lot of Villa's rejects have gone on to perform for other teams.

If he's good enough, he'll play. From the little I've seen of him he looks OK. Hutts is top dog at the moment, but he won't be there forever.

I rate Bree higher than most and thought he might have been kept around. Having said that, Luton have got a great track record of producing top quality RBs (their two best got picked up by Prem teams this year) and they play football the right way.

Couldn't have picked a better place for him to develop. Good luck to the lad.

Yup, that's how I'm looking at it overlooked. Luton have been fabulous lately and really developing players, so as long Bree seizes the chance to impress now, it could make him for us next summer.

Luton lost their manager to Stoke, they will struggle this season. Hope Bree can find something but think his goose is cooked as far as PL is concerned. He only had to be better than Hutton and Elmo last season.