The Jacob Ramsey Thread | Page 48 | Vital Football

The Jacob Ramsey Thread

We have done exceptionally well this season without him for most of the time.
I would be very sorry to see him go, but with a sale being pure profit, it would give us an enormous amount of buying power in the Summer with amortization factored in.
I think we're overthinking things a bit. When fit he's a force of nature, if we sold him for like £50m and he then becomes a star player at competitor then we will be utter mugs.

It's not particularly easy to bring quality in. I really like Diaby but he hasn't hit the ground running overall. I'm confident that when Ramsay is fit and confident he's one of our very best players.

Sell JJ? I don't get it. Last time I checked, Aston Villa was a football club not a fucking financial institution.
I think this transfer window suggests the 2 entities are not mutually exclusive.
There is a trend of selling the academy products as they're worth more on the books. Sign of the Times I'm afraid.

Due to his layoff, his match sharpness is lacking and the Jacob before the injury would have buried some of the chances he was given.

The good news is that he gives us what we are badly lacking and that is surging runs forward taking up great positions which gives the opposition plenty to think about and also creates space for others to take advantage of.

Just keep the lad in the first 11 Unai and it won't be long till he's fully back.

Great to see Jacob getting back to his best and he offers something different from the other midfielders. Good timing for remainder of season. Probably the last player we are likely to sell.

Interesting display yesterday. His final ball and finishing was way off but he was consistently getting into great positions and was a constant threat. I liked what I saw because his execution of the pass and shot will improve with more sharpness. Promising signs.

If only he has wrapped his foot around the shot which he hit too straight and it had curled into the corner, it would’ve been a game changer in terms of his performance yesterday.

Class player for his age, his ball carrying between the lines is invaluable in my opinion. We have a number of excellent passers of the ball but we do need someone who can carry it and drift into the box with it at times, and that’s what JJ does.

If only he has wrapped his foot around the shot which he hit too straight and it had curled into the corner, it would’ve been a game changer in terms of his performance yesterday.

Class player for his age, his ball carrying between the lines is invaluable in my opinion. We have a number of excellent passers of the ball but we do need someone who can carry it and drift into the box with it at times, and that’s what JJ does.
Yup carrying the ball like he does draws players and frees up space for the others. It's been badly missed especially against sides who have packed the midfield against us.

Also he helps Moreno no end.

Still got some stick on the match thread though.

I think match threads are always emotional, I do it myself when I’m not at the stadium. You don’t have any perspective, you just go on what you have seen. Equally the other way, I’ve stopped posting so much in the player threads based on a one game sample - good or bad - because you do need perspective.

I think match threads are always emotional, I do it myself when I’m not at the stadium. You don’t have any perspective, you just go on what you have seen. Equally the other way, I’ve stopped posting so much in the player threads based on a one game sample - good or bad - because you do need perspective.
It does make a difference when you can see the off the ball stuff that players do, but there was enough stuff in focus that should have negated the negative comments re his performance. It just seems that balance and moderation goes out the window sometimes.

Final ball was a bit off but as mentioned earlier that will come with match sharpness. They couldn't handle his direct running, pace and power. His relationship with Moreno brings out the best in him as well. When Pau is fit and starts playing those 2 in we will start seeing some real damage.