The Jacob Ramsey Thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

The Jacob Ramsey Thread

JJ is one player I'd say has improved under Gerrard. When Deano was picking him he seemed completely ineffective most of the time

Ramsey was excellent in the early part of the season last year, our best player by a mile in that period. He carried on improving throughout the season though. He is possibly the only player bar maybe Emi1 and this summers signings that Gerrard hasn't made worse.

The Ramsay during his run of goals and top form looked a different player, the Ramsay since then has looked no different from the player under Smith if not even worse. Ramsay for me is suffering playing in a role that doesn't suit him.

He's a great athlete who carries the ball very well and is good in the oppositions box. To maximise his talents he needs a more advanced role rather than whatever the role is Gerrard has had him playing for the last several months.

The Ramsay during his run of goals and top form looked a different player, the Ramsay since then has looked no different from the player under Smith if not even worse. Ramsay for me is suffering playing in a role that doesn't suit him.

He's a great athlete who carries the ball very well and is good in the oppositions box. To maximise his talents he needs a more advanced role rather than whatever the role is Gerrard has had him playing for the last several months.
100% agree.

I agree, which is why my original post was being surprised he's been nominated for PL player of the month, he's been nowhere near as good as he was last season IMO.
When Gerrard first joined he seemed to give Ramsey more confidence to carry the ball and drive at the opposition, something he rarely did under Deano. This season he's looked far too deep a lot of the time

Left back.

I agree, which is why my original post was being surprised he's been nominated for PL player of the month, he's been nowhere near as good as he was last season IMO.
Maybe there's a bit of tokenism involved, to try and keep people interested by putting forward a non-Sky 6 player. After all, the caretaker Bournemouth manager is up for Manager of the Month because they streaked a win v Forest and drew with Newcastle FFS :lol:

Who would of thought JJ likes carrying the ball and getting ahead of the forwards.

Back to somewhere near his best today. Not rocket science really but totally played in a position that suited him today.

Auxiliary full back my arse.

Are you sure he wouldn't prefer to cover the full back. Seems the way to go.