The Jacob Ramsey Thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

The Jacob Ramsey Thread

PFA young player of the year ( who doesn't play for the Sky 6) ?🤷‍♂️

Its shocking Gallagher made other lists but Ramsey didnt, a player who is younger and played less and statistically performed better in comparison. Gallagher was often played a bit higher up the pitch too and he had the benefit of playing under one manager all season. I think there is a lot of hype around a player who in my opinion is just an English John McGinn.

Good player but I think Ramsey is destined to have a far more successful career. I think Gallagher will end up as a standard #8 whereas Ramsey who will also be an 8 carries far more drive and effectiveness from the middle. Ramsey to me feels like a player who is an attacking midfielder but he can play centre mid. He's what Jack wanted to be and in 1 or 2 seasons he's going to be a player teams will target. They'll want to stop getting the ball with space to run into.

MOTM for the under 21s the other night. A big season ahead for the lad as its him rather than McGinn, Luiz or Sanson that is seen as the future in that more attacking midfield role.

We should be starting with a midfield 3 of Kamara, Ramsey and another new signing if things go to plan.

MOTM for the under 21s the other night. A big season ahead for the lad as its him rather than McGinn, Luiz or Sanson that is seen as the future in that more attacking midfield role.

We should be starting with a midfield 3 of Kamara, Ramsey and another new signing if things go to plan.
He might even be one of the forward 3 he is powerful and knows where the net is
He's only 21 and will fill out as a man in the next few seasons

Fill out? he’s already looks a unit 🤣. His profile says he’s 61kg - that can’t be correct. I hope you mean that he’ll become stronger in possession

The ability he has from deep to break thru the lines with his dribbling might be too valuable to push him forward. The thing about a lot of his goals is they've mostly been from late runs from deep. I definitely think you could push him further forward in some games and depending on who else comes maybe we'll be less reliant on his driving runs.

He's well on his way to becoming an elite-level player, if not world-class, I am convinced he will be far better than Jack. Jack is much more unique but was missing the elements needed to be a CM. Ramsey has the skills Jack was missing and he is more direct. I definitely think you could probably train Ramsey to play anywhere.

Fill out? he’s already looks a unit 🤣. His profile says he’s 61kg - that can’t be correct. I hope you mean that he’ll become stronger in possession
Well I'm over 100kg so 61kg means wimp to me, not even sure what 61kg is in English